Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DIY Infused oils and teas for hair, skin and medicine :)

Libby
@libby
14 years ago
14 posts
You know, I got to thinking...I use olive oil in my dreadlock shampoo bars, and I also use water. I bet I could use an infused oil in place of some olive oil or a tea in place of some of the water to make a real herbal shampoo bar for itchy scalp or whatever. Now my brain is working overtime LOL The possibilities with this are limitless! Thanks so much for posting, this was so informative!
updated by @libby: 07/22/15 12:16:53PM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Will the spice jars in my cabinet work? i have thyme and rosemary i think and some other weird things. I was going to do the boiling method and do you add baking soda or just leave be.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Super POST!! :D
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
As long as they are not too old they should be okay. Just tie em in a cheese cloth or any cloth like a clean used t-shirt up into a square and when the water cools ad the bicarb and use as your wash. GratefulNick said:
Will the spice jars in my cabinet work? i have thyme and rosemary i think and some other weird things. I was going to do the boiling method and do you add baking soda or just leave be.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Super POST!! :D
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
Great topic!
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
I think I wanna try the infusions. I feel like in between washes, if I put essential oils on my scalp, it smells great for some moment but later the same oil kinda becomes funky.
I really like to put essential oils on my bs, but also I've noticed that even by adding some drops, my hair gets extremely conditioned, and I wanna avoid that since it's been hard for me to knot.
Also I was thinking about using extracts, but I read the ingredients and it's not good idea since they use vegetable oils and I guess they might get rancid.
I was thinking about infusions but I don't know for how long the smell would be hold.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form