Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am relinquishing control..

Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
Yes, I am relinquishing control..I created my babies by using a mixture of methods. I backcombed/crotched (not recommended) a couple in the back. After that, I just started backcombing. Then, I mixed that with the twist and rip method.I noticed today (~10 days in) that a bunch of my not yet locks are loosening. The ends are completely undone, some up to 3-4 inches in, so I started to twist and rip again.. my arthritis began to kill me more than it ever has before and I realized something: dreadlocks are about the journey, not how fast I can rush my locks to get there.. Ive heard plenty of people say this, but it didnt strike me to that very moment.. I commemorated this moment by decorating three of my locks with a little gold rings I dissected from a few pens.I am going to let my hair do what it wants.. I will only observe from now on and sometimes gently individualize two entwined, lover dreads.Pictures will be coming soon.
updated by @mr-nickel: 02/04/18 08:12:19AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Good call.Now the only thing you really need to do is keep your hair clean.
Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
No promises (:
Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
I've used a baking soda mix to wash my hair the other day. It was pleasant.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
good for u i never liked controlling mine and its been outta control sand wonderful the whole time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
good luck! :)
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Freedom!!!!!
Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
I almost fell for the wax trap myself, Marlamom. I am glad I didn't but it is easy to see how someone could. The people who want to maintain the dread wax myth seem to be pushing out new websites to reassert their claims everyday and when you search for methods of creating (<-- heh) dreadlocks, they are usually the first to pop up. It reminds me of the poem "the second coming" by Yeats:The best lack all conviction, while the worstAre full of passionate intensity.Of course, I must say that the best do not lack all conviction when it comes to dreadlocks, thou the second part is certainly true when it comes to the worst, but the best simply don't have the raw monetary power that those wax hawkers have, which is a shame.. most of the time, there is no money in telling the truth. Thanks Soaring Eagle, for your dedication.I actually found a reply you gave to someone on another website, I think yahoo answers, that made me research more natural methods for dreading hair. I still made mistakes, but I blame the dreadlock learning curve (shifty eyes)..*clears throat* FREEEEEEEEEDOM.Lol @ metalheads comment. (:
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Yea, it does seem pretty counter productive that way. XD Metalhead Fred said:
James Nickel said:
I backcombed/crotched (not recommended) a couple in the back

I wouldn't recommend somebodies crotch in the back of your head either ;)
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Other than what you have already stated you will do, none are expected. James Nickel said:
No promises (:

updated by @goldeneagle: 07/23/15 03:41:16PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form