Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No Mold! I'm relieved & embarrassed to say...

LadyLockz
@ladylockz
14 years ago
7 posts
...it was excessive lint. As I'd mentioned I'd fallen asleep on covered, damp locks. Although I removed the covering after a couple of hours & kept the fan on, I awoke with a white substance in many locks. Long story short, about a week later, after many, many, many soaks, scrubs & reevaluation of every taken step I realized several mistakes. Although I ALWAYS cover my hair @ night & keep satin pillow cases on 2 pillows, another on my bed had a flannel pillowcase & the one time I decide to uncover my locks, I brushed them along side the flannel one & disaster struck lolol. It's funny now, but I was in tears for days :( I initially mistook it for mold, tried several remedies but to no avail. Eventually I took a dental pick & lots of patience & discovered all sorts of lint & buildup from my previous regimen, namely honey.While it was a terrible experience, I discovered things I wouldn't have otherwise as I've been researching for years & believed my regimen included only healthy things for my locks. I was very very wrong. Anyhow, due to some excellent advice from Soaringeagle most of that stuff has been released from my locks, they're softer, ligher, & even frame my face better. No honey, no twisting, no clips. Locking my hair has been very liberating for me in many ways. That freedom has taken on new heights since crossing paths with SOARINGEAGLE. Forever grateful, hugs*** I look forward to growing & sharing with everyone in Peace & Love....new pics coming soon, posted pic is from a couple of months ago but I already have growth since then :)P.S. please don't use honey, doesn't matter how much aloe or essential oils you mix with it, it will build up.P.S.S. my 18 month anniversary is in a week, how shall I celebrate????Peace Love & DreadLocksLadyLocks~~
updated by @ladylockz: 01/13/15 08:32:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont mind being paid in hugs :)hugs back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
die your hair -- the lint fuzzied will be dyed the same colorthats what worked for me the best
Quinnamann
@quinnamann
14 years ago
1 posts
Wuts up LadyLcoks, Im new to the forum and I had the same buildup problem and I laughed when I read your responses on the smelly hair post, because I feel the same way. I have a build-up in my locks in the back and only at the ends of my dread and i hate it, i dont know what its from and I washed the h3ll out of my dreads five time then did it again and i still can see the white build-up... i want to know exactly what to do to get this out of my hair. I really dont want to cut them. Please help me!
LadyLockz
@ladylockz
14 years ago
7 posts
Peace Quinnamann, Pls Pls don't cut your dreads! Be patient and follow the vinegar recipes suggested to me b y soaring eagle, those helped tremendously with build up I couldn't see. As for the lint in the back dreads, I started on a journey with a dental pick, & discovered it was compacted lint in the back of my dreads. I read that rips your locks apart & ceased that procedure the next day but the one resolve was dying the tips. Lots of people have opinions about it and I feel strongly about wearing my hair naturally, but I care just as much about its cleanliness, health, and my locks appearing that way.Hope this helps!I will search for soaringeagle's prior posts & repost their links.Peace~~Ladylocks~ Quinnamann said:
Wuts up LadyLcoks, Im new to the forum and I had the same buildup problem and I laughed when I read your responses on the smelly hair post, because I feel the same way. I have a build-up in my locks in the back and only at the ends of my dread and i hate it, i dont know what its from and I washed the h3ll out of my dreads five time then did it again and i still can see the white build-up... i want to know exactly what to do to get this out of my hair. I really dont want to cut them. Please help me!
LadyLockz
@ladylockz
14 years ago
7 posts
here are links to se's comments, & one of the remedies. You'll find more via each link, let everyone know how it works for you.Happy Locking!!!Mould & Mildew remedies:Dry your dreads in the sun as often as possible.Add 1 cup of thyme to 1 quart of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and let it cool. Use as a rinse/soak for your dreads.Mix 1/4 cup water with 1/2 cup white vinegar and a few drops of tea tree and lavender essential oils in a spray bottle. Spray on your dreads-do not rinse out! The vinegar smell will dissappear as it evaporates.taken from this thread http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/herbs-good-for-your-head-and#axzz0ryo5j4VO http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/musty-smelling-hair?xg_source=activity&id=3754945%3ATopic%3A18682&page=2#comments LadyLockz said:
Peace Quinnamann, Pls Pls don't cut your dreads! Be patient and follow the vinegar recipes suggested to me b y soaring eagle, those helped tremendously with build up I couldn't see. As for the lint in the back dreads, I started on a journey with a dental pick, & discovered it was compacted lint in the back of my dreads. I read that rips your locks apart & ceased that procedure the next day but the one resolve was dying the tips. Lots of people have opinions about it and I feel strongly about wearing my hair naturally, but I care just as much about its cleanliness, health, and my locks appearing that way.

Hope this helps!
I will search for soaringeagle's prior posts & repost their links.

Peace~~
Ladylocks~

Quinnamann said:
LadyLockz
@ladylockz
14 years ago
7 posts
Thanks IllumiKnotty, that advice worked great for me. IllumiKnotty said:
die your hair -- the lint fuzzied will be dyed the same color

thats what worked for me the best
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form