Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo! (UK)

benzene994
@benzene994
3 years ago
21 posts

so I tried https://dreadlockshampoo.com/ but they don't ship to the UK at the moment due to covid, I found a bunch of shampoos claiming to be sulphate free but then having  Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate in them, it's so annoying! Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable shampoo that I can buy regularly? Or if I just stick with what I currently use, how long can I do that before changing over once the covid sh** has passed?

Thanks and sorry for tha rant

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Well there are quite a few options depending on how bad your water is if it’s hard which most of UK water is there’s Dr. Bronner’s that will not work in your water most likely. No matter how much you dilute it it will leave residue from hell. You can look into soap nuts these are a nut from the tree that produces a soap when soaked in water..

the person that sent me so e said put them in a cloth bag, do 3 or so loads of laundry with them, then take them, boil them a few min then strain and cool and use that as shampooo

some of lush bars are sulphate free…but not guaranteed residue free so use the most mare minililistic one yoh can find

yoj can check etsy too I WOULD NOT RECOMNEND DREADSUK!!!

the name tells tou they suk. Biggest scumbag in tne dread world..

it’s not entirely Covid that’s causing the shipping problems overseas for Vicki‘s it’s become extremely expensive and difficult it’s possible that if you wanted to place a big order and make it available for a lot of people in UK that you might be able to arrange something with her but I’m talking about ordering an entire batch of everything probably spending over 1000 or more

You know enough that you can distribute them to other people in UK who are having trouble finding good shampoos and there are quite a lot who are very disappointing about the difficulty in getting that there.

I would try talking to her.. I know the inability to ship overseas is hurting her badly so if she was able to do a large shipment and have people do distributorships in other countries that would be really amazing..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

The problem with that however is… her ingredients are the highest quality, her profit margins are low.. so typically wholesale to retail they double the price or at least add 50%

she could not do a 50% wholesale discount without deep loss, so, you probably couldnt mark them up more then 10% profit 

they are hand made in small batches, its not a factory that can produce 100,000 a day then double the price for retail..

so being a retail distributer localy would be more a service then a business.. but 10% return on investments not bad if they are already all sold tbe day they are delivered..

so its possible

if you could find 100+ people who want the products.. enoigh to make several bulk orders a month..it would be worthwhile enough…

--
benzene994
@benzene994
3 years ago
21 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

The problem with that however is… her ingredients are the highest quality, her profit margins are low.. so typically wholesale to retail they double the price or at least add 50%

she could not do a 50% wholesale discount without deep loss, so, you probably couldnt mark them up more then 10% profit 

they are hand made in small batches, its not a factory that can produce 100,000 a day then double the price for retail..

so being a retail distributer localy would be more a service then a business.. but 10% return on investments not bad if they are already all sold tbe day they are delivered..

so its possible

if you could find 100+ people who want the products.. enoigh to make several bulk orders a month..it would be worthwhile enough…

Nice thanks I'll look into soap nuts lol (it just sounds funny), and yeah I've been using lush for now but I'm wondering how long it'll be okay for, they're really starting to lock up. Dammit I want Vicki's stuff! But hell no I don't want profit, breaking even would be fine. But I get what you're saying, tbh I don't think it would take much time to list the product on etsy etc, reach out to certain sites, maybe an hour per 100 units? I'm not good at business stuff I just kinda wing it lol but that worked with crypto and some other stuff. Even so I have enough capital to place a large order then reship/distribute, it's just the demand I'd need to focus on, like I need to know I can move it once I (if I) get it. But I could also ship to the whole EU....This might be interesting.

I definitely wouldn't want to affect vickis business so I could be negotiable on the price, that might help. I'll talk to her some more and see what I can do, I did ask and she did say it was covid and stuff arriving like broken and/or spilled so it just wasn't worth it for now, I'm paraphrasing but that was the jist

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Oh shes had a supply chain issue geting bottlrs and lids due tp covid

are you running a helium hotspot yet? If not..do

Would you be interested in donating a little bit of your crypto profitsto 3 worthy the organizations..in this order..

1. www.freedomswings.org 

Two weeks out of rehab I started flying  with them directly above the very spot that I was injured 99% of my flights were over the spot I was injured for 40 years they have been teaching disabled glider aka sailplane pilots to fly.. like me
    due to covid, And for years of a certain golfers shutting down our air space every single weekend this will be the very last year we fly without support. In fact one plane needs serious repairs right now and if we repair it we have nothing left. We are desperate after 40 years of doing great affecting so many people that a paraplegic completed for world championship last year and that would’ve never happened if it had enough for Us.. Are gliders of the very first ones ever Outfitted with he hand controls, with a contract that any of that kind would be from then on. Since then dozens and dozens of gliders offer that as a standard option which is not one single car company does. Our organization is vitally important and is in severe danger of going under within months without support. Our annual budget is just 10-18k typically but we need at least $3,300 or a lil more to get them flying this year. Although i started soaring, and soloed right after injury. I did not complete my training, and just returned to soaring a few years ago. However due to all the golfing had only 3 lessons and 5 flights total (1 race). My helium hotspots only been up a week but i plan to donate alot in a few months (or buy 6+ hotspots to support these causes)
  2. Www.kukupenda.org  Kukupenda eco community kukupenda is swahili for loving you. I am marrying a luhya (tribe) kenyan goddess. When I told her we were going to build an eco-dome or actually I should say I suggested that she told me we would she then insisted that we build more than one, So none of my friends would ever become homeless but there is developed into the idea of building Eco communities full service communities that provide everything I communities should provide. We hope to build more then one. I got a cancer diagnosis just befote covid, which delayed my operation that was “ a guauranteed cure” but..the delay made it not… i feel certain ill be ok but nothing is certain, so i promiced mke wangu (my wife) 20 years if i can and to do all we can in tnat time.
  3. www.greenenergycitizen.com   this is brand new. Here in America the fracking companies and the oil industry puts out these commercials constantly with lies about how clean and good fracking is. And how much of a solution it is to our problems. And encourage people to become Energy Citizens and Energy Voters based on keeping natural gas as the primary energy source. And continuing with coal and oil, but addingba little solar abd wind, and calling that a win. The comercials are constant on tv.. i couldnt take it any longer. So this will be a truth and science based website i want millions of registered members asap, and hundreds or more writers and contributers. It really has no funding needs now untill and unless a 501c3 is formed

on that last point. Only freedons wings is a 591c3 tax exempt/tax writeoff donation so far

i can accept crypto donations however its not yet set up to directly untill we have our board meeting.

helium hotspots in the right places pay for themselves in 11 days (mine did its name is feisty holographic moth

they draw 4-5 watts power only.. great green alternative to bitcoin mining

bonus

DSCN3419.JPG
DSCN1069 (2).JPG.jpg
race day, on thr grid

DSCN1064.JPG.jpg ready to race

DSCN3443.JPG.jpg
circling tne feild my wheelchair is a tiny black dot next to the farthest white plane to the right

my instructors power plane

hes rhe 6th disabled glider instructor in the world, 5th trained by us, and, has 2 state records in gliders.

i had left the chair on tne ground 4-5 hours before. It was a good soaring day coming to an end, about to land.

i need more days like that

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 06/26/21 05:41:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Oh if you dont want to wing it on crypto talk to me about jdog and cryptohopper

jdogs brilliant system auto adjusts tp market changes and continualy crankes out 15-35% or more againnand again and againon each buy

--
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
3 years ago
91 posts

@benzene994  I would be able to take a few bottles from you if you get anything Sorted with Vickis (May have frieind or 2 that might take some too).  I've been using her "Scratch attack"  for a few years now ,its good stuff and lathers really easily for a small amount (Luckily I'm in the far S.West with soft water)  

Also I seem to remember there's a UK dread-section somewhere on here might be worth looking into?

Warning - one of my orders from Vicki got hammered by customs charges (think they do a random sample cos tother on got thru no problems)

Interested to know more about the Soap-nuts if you get to try them.

Good luck G

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

I love scratch attack its all I use now I discovered my skin did not like the yeast in beer. So naked and scratch attack are now my main ones.

she ships as aunt Vicki, and includes gifts, which usualy got around customs.

did you know there’s a spray and oil too?

it’s like a dermatologist in a bottle! Any lil skin issue spritz my thumb wipe it on gently abd wipe away whatever I had go8 g on..

magic stuff

--
Leo_Opolain
@leo-opolain
3 years ago
2 posts

What shampoo can I use to soften my dreadlocks? Thank you for replys 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts