dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff / itchy and flakey scalp

Duskwood
@duskwood
6 months ago
45 posts

Hey all,

I have been using Vicki's dreadlock shampoo for about 2 months now and it's great except I now seem to have dandruff again. I've always had a problem with itchy, flakey scalp and I 'fixed' it by not using any shampoo. For 2 years I was mostly free from itchiness (I washed my hair with strong teas).

I never wash my hair with hot water, but not usually with real cold water either, just cool. I plan on taking cold showers but right now it's not really an option for me. I was my hair about 3 times a week, but only use the shampoo on two of three days.

Any advice is appreciated :)

updated by @duskwood: 05/17/19 08:06:01PM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
6 months ago
186 posts
Maybe try aloe? I had the same issue with using dreadshampoo. The aloe soothed and washed out easily
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
29,362 posts

your using the liquid or bar?  the liquid has sea salt, intended to dry the hair out making it dread faster

but if your scalps real dry, you maybe should try the bar?  and if you still want to speed dreading  the sea salt spray, but avoiding spraying near the scalp

it could also just be regulating to the new routine

dandruff or itchiness is common when you start dreading (regardless of wash routine changes)  just cause the scalps not getting stimulated by brushes/combs

finaly, i'll mention that teatree rosemary 1 is the bet for dandruff

patchouli maybe best for psoriasis

they all work well, but those are best

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Duskwood
@duskwood
6 months ago
45 posts

Liquid, maybe I should try not to rubbing it in :P

It would be kinda wasteful to get a bar now since I have 3 bottles of it. But maybe I'll reconsider if it's still itchy next month.

I used mostly rosemary tea before, together with green tea, it worked wonders, but I don't have the option to do that right now either >.<"

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form