Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Buying sea salt in bulk

Darkestwilow
@darkestwilow
5 years ago
9 posts

I want to buy sea salt in bulk preferably off of amazon but they have so many varieties idk what to look out for there all sorts of colors as well anyone have a brand they prefer im looking for stuff with no addatives if i can help it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

any sea salt will do, the colors have diferent minreral contents.. pink himalean sea salt is generaly considered the purest salt on earth, but  thats not the cheapest

you can literaly just get the stuff sold for aquariums

any sea salt (non iodized you don't want iodized salt)

bulks really the cheapest way to go BUT you don't need it so often  that youd need to buy 5 or 10 lbs

the reason i like dreadlockshampoos sea salt ..on the rare occasions i use it is because of the additives, specificly vitamins and proteins good for the hair. (ofcourse she uses the puret pink salt too)  the added vitamins and protiens make it safer to leae in longer ..or even use more offen

sea salt works because it dries out the hair .. this  can have advers effects, making it brittle dry  and rough feeling. great for tangling not so great for healthy hair.

so .. concluson.. buy in bulk if yiu wana save a buck  just don't use in bulk just cause you have alot

you really don;t need any, just the sea salt in the shampoo does so much good.. if you dont use the shampoo with sea salt then a lil spray once a week BEFORE washing ..or a rinse during washing (wait a few min then rinse out) is plenty.. you do not need..or want to spray every dayy, you do not wan to spray it on and leave it a week till next was (unless using the dreadlockshampoo..stil not the recomended way but ive tested it it seems alot safer)   sea salt works doing all its gonna do ..almost on contact..  just dipping your head in the ocean then showering after ..you'll notice a diference  you dont need it in your hair 24/7 ..in fact  it can really irritate the scalp and dry the hell out of hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Darkestwilow
@darkestwilow
5 years ago
9 posts

k thanks for the info i guess im just being impatient i just wanna see knots forming but it has only been a few days i have a long while to wait

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

when i started dreading  well the entire 28 years ive been dreading i think i went int the ocean maybe a whole dozen times.  sea salt helps but its absolutely unnesacary..if yu take a vacation and swim in the ocean once this year they will be happy you did.. teres no room for impatience in dreading or hair growth.. you won't see your hair get longer in 3 days will yu/ 

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Is sea salt something one should consider? Is it possible to just continue with a good soap and nothing else? I read a lot about backing soda, cidar vinegar and sea salt but I avoid them because I don't know what they're used for in hair or why.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use baking soda and acv!  ruined m hair badly

sea salt dries the hair out so tightens the dreads

I NEVER USED IT

i went to the beach maybe 2x in the 1st 5 years.. thats it

it does absolutely speed things up  the shampoo with it in it makes it dread fast

its not nesacary but helps a whole lot.. BUT IS OFTER WAY OVERUSED dry is good very dry is not

dr is good during the early dreading procss (and not for african hair)

if your using te lockin up liquid its gt sea salt in the shampoo thats why u should switch to the bar when mature, i use the liquid every couple months to dread loose hairs ..i just used it a 2nd time  (and a lil more then usuual and bucket washed the whole length well) they feel a lil dry  right now

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Ah that makes sense. I've got the liquid coming so I'll just stick to that. When I used the spray before it was very dry as you could tell from the sideshow bob look. It also lost its brown color and looked a very light brown.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i used the liquid twice mow and feel like i need to make a moisturizing spray for the length  and instead jut use the spray on my loose hairs

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form