Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can you not crochet again after initial time and be ok?

brosefstalin
@brosefstalin
5 years ago
7 posts

Hey guys. So I got dreads last week using twist and rip and some crocheting (I can't freeform in my profession and get away with it easily) I'm very happy with the way they came out. Even though they are frizzy they are certainly changing over time! I was wondering, do I actually have to keep crocheting them in the future? Or will all (most of) the loose hairs get sucked in naturally over time? If possible, I'd like to continue with minimal maintenance, especially with the crocheting. I really don't mind the loose hairs and frizz (yet!).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

you can freeform  easily in any profession

tyou MUST never crochet again

in fact the frizz will be way way worse because the y were crocheted and thousands of hairs broken

if they are tight and stiff you should condition them to loosen them up in a hurry, crochets 1 of the worse things u can do to dreads

even if your profesions modeling  you can freeform

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
brosefstalin
@brosefstalin
5 years ago
7 posts

Thanks for the response! So if I just hold out and let the loose hairs and frizz be, then they will eventually get sucked into the dreads and mature? I don't have to crochet if I don't want to? I've been reading about breaking hairs with the hook, and I'd much rather them mature on their on in time. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

if they are tightly crochetted (post pics) maturing wll be delayed

most loose hairs will suck in..not all, and they dont need to

loose hairs give birth to new baby dreads ..

dreads themselves get fuzzy when clean ..soft and fuzzy and cuddly

DSCN1597.JPG

ok the cute lil friend getting comfy illustrates the point entirely, dreads are like a mane, when natural they have a soft organic look hair grows from the head as hair and dreads form from it u see a couple sections forming on that side of my eye -->> that have since become dreads, and in fact cngoed  but more hair replaces it

you will always have loose hairs it makes them look less harsh ..softer

35243330_10101798079446904_3692310546020827136_n.jpg

compare that to crochet dreads harsh rigid control  yet look very close and the frizz on each is 10 times worse or hundreds of times worse

zombiefest.jpg

after washing thy appear soft because of fine hairs covering them.. not that you can see the hairs but they just look soft

dreads that have been crochetted alot though  have a stiff look they have alot of hairs stickig out but ..broken.. when you feel them they feel rougher ..scratchy.. some say when u squeeze em they feel 'squeaky"  not spongy.. thats broken hairs grinding on eachother

wait i have a clearer picture

13817263827_10150237328576386_635176385_7890174_8125858_n.jpg

crochet harshness  and look real close at the gy doing the crochet and u will see the extra frizziness from broken hairs

alot

DSCN4166.JPG

ok they do look quite fuzzy here haha probably really conditioned them well

but notice it just makes them appear soft

whole point is

if you worry about not having loose hairs

you will end up having no loose hairs growing from your scalp anymore if your over obsessive

10568832_10203501097502556_2673496861692679429_n.jpg

she wanted no loose hairs between dreads  and no loose hairs between dreads was the permanent result

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
brosefstalin
@brosefstalin
5 years ago
7 posts

Thanks for the detailed response! I've decided not to crochet anymore and let them dread the way they want to!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form