Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hair and flat roots

x0baya0x
@jt
5 years ago
7 posts

I haven't had any maintenance done on my hair for about 5 months now.. problem is now I have all this loose hair sticking up. I don't mind having loose hair, it's just that it sticks up and doesn't seem to be knotting with the rest of the locks.

I'm sure in time it'll get long enough to just fall down, but I think it might be light enough to always stick up. Anything I can do to help it lock up or settle down? Does it get better with time?

20190129_204109.jpg
20190129_204109.jpg  •  873KB

20190129_205149.jpg
20190129_205149.jpg  •  904KB

updated by @jt: 03/02/19 08:01:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

time is all it needs it most likely is worse now because of the maintenance you did then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
x0baya0x
@jt
5 years ago
7 posts

Hi, It's me again.

My hair is locking up but it's very flat towards the roots. I know this is normal, but I'm worried that because of how small my sections are and the fact my hair is fine and straight, that all of my locks will eventually just be flat.

The sections are not rectangular, so I'm hoping that in time the flat matted hair will compress.. although they seem very matted so I'm just very doubtful they will match the rest of the lock.

I wear very loose head bands while at work and take them off at home and at night so I don't feel as though I'm compressing the hair.

Any certain way of correcting this, or am I just being paranoid? I feel as though I want to try and start over with thicker sections.. but I want to wait a while to make sure.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

they will be fine and should round out..theres no need to worry..and if they dont it doesnt matter either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MegN
@megn
5 years ago
19 posts
I’ve heard some people say that aloe will help with those whispy hairs on ur scalp. With all that maintenance you’ve had done it makes yours more noticeable. I use pure cocoa butter on mine after Shampoo when the fly always are out of control. It works for me by softening the hairs n gravity pulls em down a little. Stop getting the maintenance n ur dreads will loosen up enough so the short hairs have a place to go. 😁
MegN
@megn
5 years ago
19 posts
Oh. And a bead on a flat spot helped a few flat spots I had. Don’t worry about em too much. Like SE said they will be fine. If you do use beads remember to move them often n don’t just leave em in the same spot.
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
x0baya0x:
...so I'm hoping that in time the flat matted hair will compress..

My first dread started out flat, but eventually folded into itself. Kind of like rolling a piece of paper. It's growing in flat again though. I LOVE IT! Mine are Freeform, so have zero expectations as to how they should turn out. That's the thing with dreadlocks, if you've got expectations, you'll be disappointed. Just go with the flow. ;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form