Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

smell a tad

lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts

My hair is starting to smell a little bit like a wet towel, especially in the blunted ball shaped tips at the end of my dreadlocks. The water sits in there for a while and takes a long time to dry so I guess that's why. I tried the rot knot, but it still smells. It doesn't smell when it's dry yet, only when it's still wet and in the process of drying. Is there anything else I could try to use on my hair. I didn't really have any luck with the rot knot. I'm trying to avoid cutting off the blunted ends, but if I have too, I will.

P.S. Everytime I wash my hair I always leave it down and I never wrap it up, or go to bed until it is 100% dry.

updated by @lopenator: 01/10/19 07:27:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

rot knot should work but u got to saturate them work it deep into the core leave it in 10 min or onger then rins.. i can use a full bottle at once and rinses out easy so  dont hesitate to use plenty enough to really saturate them and squeeze it in deeply ..leave it in a  bit of time to kill the spores and all.... then after extra thoroughly dry them.. when you dry pay extra attention to those trouble spots..do u blow dry or only air dry.. you might need a combo

try it again using plenty, working  it in deep and leaving in a decent ammount of time before rinsing

even when mine were really bad after a month of being constantly damp..1 use worked wonders..but i used a whole bottle as i stated

it will rinse out so don't hesitate to use plenty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts
Okay, I will try the rot knot again. I only air dry because blow drying takes a long time and I never feel like doing it, but I do own one so I will try to blow dry it after applying the rot knot.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

at least blow dry the trouble spots

--
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts

Yes. The only problem with that is the "trouble areas" are the bottoms of the dreadlocks. So I can blow dry them, but the water from the top of the dread (nearest my head) drips through the dread and just makes it damp again. But I will try again, this time I'll leave the rot knot in for longer.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i tend to hit em a few times throughout the day with the blow dryer  just a few  min here and there

1 of those bonnet things that attaches to 1 helps too

and a pro quality with porciline (however its spelled spellchecks no help) filaments really helps

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form