Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing, deep cleaning, general maintenance questions!

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Hello! I'm new to the forum and will be scouring it for info, but I do have some pressing questions which may have been answered already so I'm gonna ask anyway. 

So I have been using Free and Clear residue free shampoo since I started my locs about six months ago. I have a bottle of Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle shampoo that I was planning on switching to. Both shampoos have been extensively recommended by sites that I found trustworthy at the time, but I'm always willing to revise my thinking based on compelling evidence. 

Also, I have recently been told that deep cleanses with baking soda and/or apple coder vinegar can be damaging. I'm not entirely surprised. Are there other ways to do deep cleanses without the damage? Thank you for reading! 

updated by @huntercrow: 10/29/18 10:05:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

those shampoos are marginally ok. meanning you can get away with them when you have no access to something better

pretty mch everyone hedre recommends dreadlockshampoo.com  cause they really are the best there is. they also make a charcoal based deep cleanse that cleans so wll thet you can suck the rinse water out of your dread and drink it and it tastes more pure and clean then out of the faucet ..its special request for now though (shes bad about getting new products on the site)  the charcoal super cleans but its a lil gritt y and rough on the eyes

the shampoos temselves clean so incredibly well though teres hardly ever a ned to deep clean, i use the charcoal detox only after i was in the wilderness a month with my 10 foot long dreads dragging in the mud for a month..all the shampoos clean so well you only got to wash the scalp and rinse through

the detox though seems to remove even decades worth of lint..and i thought othing would get that out.

as for maintenance just wash and separate as needed thats it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

any of these is wha id suggest for young dreads ..unless they are dreading too fast or your hairs very dry and brittle  in which case you can switch it up with the bars  when you want to slow things down or prevent over drying

https://dreadlockshampoo.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

once they settle down and are mature use the bars

https://dreadlockshampoo.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

i use the bars but then once every several months if i have too much loose hairs i use he liquid for only 1 wash and gt a dozen baby dreads forming  right away just from 1 wash

--
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Wow, these shampoos are affordable, and without any of the chemicals I have desperately been trying to avoid. As soon as I can, I'm gonna order that tea tree liquid and give it a try. 

How about sea salt treatments? Do you think I should stop doing those? I do them at most once a week but it's pretty irregular. Any experience with that? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the liquids got sea salt in it so you shouldnt need anythng else. the pink sea salt from thees awesome though if u did want extra ..it has added vitamins and poteins that make it safer to leave in longer  but just the shampoos enough

ps its flat rate shipping so uu can get 4 bottles or 6 bars in a box b4 shipping goes up

and yea they are absolutely the best ingredients u can find in a dread shampoo

mine knots up insanely when i use the liquid just once

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form