Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Have I screwed up?

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

So...some of you will know I have been freeforming for around 4 months now and my hair had begun to knot up very slightly. You could see the curls separating and could feel some knots if you touched them. They still look like curls but they were sort of straightening a little bit and they felt sort of “stiff”. 

However, I have just TnRed a few of them where the knots were beginning to show, mainly as an experiment to see how the TnRed ones look compared to the freeform ones, but am now worried that I might have screwed up nearly 4 months of near neglect (except washing). I do expect some, of not all of them, to completely unravel tonight or very soon but don’t mind that as I’m hoping it might had sped up the freeform process...hopefully.

Am I worrying over nothing? 

Thanks. Peace.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
Are you not liking the t&r results? You may be able to comb them out very carefully if you want to.
How long is your hair now?
Have a picture?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

if anything you should have tried tnr on the ones NOT knotting up the ones knotting yes you undid their progress

the ones showing little to no progress would have been the ones I would have tested it on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

Well, to say they were “knotting” is a bit of a stretch. Yeah, the curls were getting less curly fractionally but on the ones I’ve TnRed they weren’t really knotty enough to undo much progress. My hair is just insanely matted, that’s the main progress, going from un-matted to matter and one obvious knot and some I’ve probably not noticed.

I have a freeform one forming at the back of my head and I can genuinely feel it knotting up, like if you touch it you can feel knots in it but the other curls that I TnRed lightly to avoid any damage to my hair, I don’t feel, had reached that point. 

You might be right, I might have undone some progress, but I guess we’ll see, right? Live and learn, haha. 

I should have taken some photos from the start to put on here, but oh well. 

--

Choose love over hate.

updated by @aquaguy: 08/28/18 04:28:57AM
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

Peace Shalom: Are you not liking the t&r results? You may be able to comb them out very carefully if you want to. How long is your hair now? Have a picture?

I’ve got some photos on my timeline somewhere, in some old posts. And it’s about 7 inches, I think. If the curls are stretched out it reaches to the top of my shoulder.

--

Choose love over hate.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

use embed media (choise a size above xxxsmall before choosing a photo) you can import from your gallery or upload

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
6 years ago
217 posts
You're worrying over nothing because you can't take it back. If you regret it don't do it again. Easy peasy.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form