Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super long stray hairs

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Aren`t they just? I`m enjoying the freeform ones much more than the TNR; I think if you start off with any form of control, even a mild one like TNR, you feel the need to go on controlling them. Fat hope; dreads have a mind of their own!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sure do

and it takes so much aggressive interference to try to control them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
@panther those babies look awesome! I have to agree they have a mind of their own. I've had a few now that started in the hair in front of my face but ended up at the back of my head 😂
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle, Yup, sure does and it`s so unnecessary. That`s the most important thing I`ve learned from dreads to date ... to give up the notion that I can control everything. The less I interfere with the process, the better. My dreads are much more relaxed now, and so am I!

@poopiepants "I've had a few now that started in the hair in front of my face but ended up at the back of my head 😂" wow, I´d love to see a timeline of that! Mine haven`t moved around much yet, but I get the impression they`re curious; they`re always getting into stuff. Like today, I was soaking my orchids and one of them kept dipping itself into the orchid water, as if it were trying to figure out what I was doing. Later that day I was cooking and was mixing olive oil and some other stuff in a bowl, and the same dread kept sticking itself in the olive oil. I can`t go out for a walk without them bringing back leaves, twigs and once even a blackberry. The worst thing they`ve started doing is flipping cigarette butts out of other people`s ashtrays, I mean, that`s really gross walking around with cigarette butts in your hair. I don`t want to tie them back all the time, but there are limits. I wonder if other people`s dreads do that?

PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
@panther My friend kinda whipped his hair out of his face and the bowl from my bong went flying across the room & smashed everywhere. He wasn't even close to the bong when he did it so it must've been in his locks for a while :D
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@poopiepants Bet that left some pretty potent residue!

updated by @panther: 11/14/18 10:54:27AM
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
LOL!!! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i wore a chilum made from the jawbone of a piranha till it was taken from me at a hemp rally at the libertybell

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle that sounds beautiful, wish I could see it! I`d like some beautiful beads too, just can`t find any I like. Carved bone or horn, shells or feathers, natural materials (I loathe synthetics). Guess I`ll have to make some myself.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

just go for a walk in the woods. a vertabrae makes a unique  bone bead.  you can also get yourself something like a dremmel, and turn any stone into a bead i think our last cross country trip by the end we had more weight in rocks then people.. and i was the only 1 in the car near normal weight all 4 of the others were 2-3 times my weight. so   we pobably had 800 pounds or more of just random rocks that caught someones eye.. coulda made tens of thousands of beads

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form