Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super long stray hairs

Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts

I have a bunch of hairs that aren't going to the correct dreads, some that aren't going to dreads at all and they're just normal undreadded hairs, but they're not like little 2 or 3 inch strands coming off a dread, they're full 12 inch (my avg hair length) strands that just go into their own root and are pretty much just ignoring the whole dreading thing that the rest are doing. I was fixing these by threading them through the dreads in their section with crochet but since I've been told not to crochet, how do I fix these? They're super annoying (especially when driving) and some have looped themselves back into the actual roots of different dreads, so the tips are going into roots and i just have a loop connected to my scalp in 2 completely separate places. I can't get a good picture as I'm home alone and it's on the back of my head under other dreads. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

leave em be actualy drivings the best thing fior them that will get them to tangle

if you use dreadlockshampoo.com the liquid will get them to dread up faster

bt really thats just how thy will be till they get more mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Patience! Wash 2 or 3 times a week, separate them when wet, and have patience.
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
Sorry for the super late reply, I got a new phone and didn't get reply notifications on it. I use an all natural shampoo, i forget what it's called but it smells like peppermint. I have a few strands off of one dread that is about 1/4 the size of the dread just out of it and making its own super small dread around the dread. It feels like the longer I just leave it be, the more it separates itself and its in an area where I don't want 2 separate dreads. I'm really close to crocheting them back in because they're super annoying and they like wedge themselves under my glasses and into my eyes whenever I'm doing like pretty much anything.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

do not crochet do not even own a crochet hook!

if you dont want 2 reads dont separate and they will become 1 

this is a temporary stage in a long journey

--
Lex
@lex
6 years ago
217 posts
If you really really can't stand the wait, don't use a crochet hook

Use a tapestry needle with a large eye and gently pull them into the lose top areas and outside layer of the dread you want to add them to.

Do not try and cram the needle through a tight area. You don't want to rip up your hair it will make your dreads frizzy forever. Find somewhere to thread it through gently so you don't break your hair.

It's better to wait but if you're going to do it try to be as artful and gentle as possible.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

instead of that just simply use your finger to tuck em under the loose roots.. thats the only place to safely tuck then no matter what you use. 

but really those loose hairs are a dread farm

you'll always have loose hairs and when they reach that length .. new dreads sprout  the loose hairs are the seeds the soil the fertilizer  just add water sunshine and air and wait to see what sprouts

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
As insignificant as this may look, it is the Seed of a new lock. It'll be a long time before it's matured, but will be worth the wait. If stray hair bothers you that bad dreadlocks probably are not for you. They are WAY more than just a hairstyle. They're a lifestyle that most people can't even begin to understand. Dreadlocks are the Anti-Hairstyle! :D
IMG_20181112_095917.jpg

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

I have loads of loose strands and being curious tried a few different things with them at the start (NOT crochet!). I tried the tapestry needle once and hated it. I tried loosely winding the loose strand around the nearest dread, I think one out of about seven took the hint, the others just came undone again. One slightly thicker one I loosely braided; it stayed together but still looks braided and I don`t like the effect. A few I loosely TnRd; again, only one stayed together, the others came undone. For the last four months I`ve just left them alone and they are forming free-form dreads on their own, like this (love that little knot on the end of the third one!).

This process seems to have it`s own intelligence, even if we aren`t always intelligent enough to comprehend it!

Depending on where the long loose strands are, you could try a half-updo while driving. Or a tam.

Good luck!

updated by @panther: 11/13/18 06:33:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they are so cute :)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags