Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on Roots

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

During the last year, I had used a soap that was a little overly conditioning, and this left my roots a bit looser than they had been in the past. I have been trying to fix this using sea salt sprays weekly and simply washing my dreads regularly (On average about once a week). How long should it take for my roots to fix themselves again?

I was also wondering on a related note if the parting going down the top of my crown ever going to fully close up or if that is just the way the parting is? Attached is a photo I just took of my still drying dreads, but the top of my head appears to be dry.

RayneMama
@raynemama
7 years ago
44 posts
I recommend a deep cleanse. Try parting your hair in different ways daily to close up the part
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I've tried wearing it different ways, that didn't really help seem to help it. As for the deep clean do you mean a baking soda & apple cider vinegar deep clean? If so, I stopped doing those due to the damage they can do to dreads.

RayneMama
@raynemama
7 years ago
44 posts
I would never consider using BS/ACV as a regular washing solution because IMO it does cause damage. However, I did use it as a deep cleanse where I soaked my hair fully submerged for about 30 minutes at 6 months, and then rinse, rinse, rinse. I plan to do it again after summer because of the swimming in pools, oceans, and rivers, ect. Try tea tree oil on your scalp to help your roots. I put a few drops on my finger tips then massage my scalp all over. Helps with itchiness, oily scalp, dandruff and more.

My knowledge is only from my research and my own experiences for the past year.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form