Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Possible soap/dandruff buildup?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

use the dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary )or patchouli if its psoriasis not dandruff) and cold not hot water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
i-and-i
@i-and-i
7 years ago
35 posts
I actually use to use the tea tree from Vicki a lot, I found it helped a lot with hindering the mold problem I was having in the wet months of Washington (all 10 of them haha), but my dandruff still came back by the end of the first no-wash day. I do tea tree and rosemary rinses as well before washing, so a mixture of that and the tea tree soap will be my fall back if this stuff proves unworthy of future use, but this stuff has felt incredibly beneficial for my maturing dreads in every other aspect...

I absolutely love vicki's shampoos, they helped my hair free form incredibly fast and I've recommended her stuff to countless people. That being said, i came across the shampoo and "mane pudding" I've been using lately because I was looking for something more geared towards strictly the health of the hair, not making it dread, since it's gotten to a maturity point where I feel I Just need to make sure it's got everything it needs to be healthy. From all I know from you guys on here and all my other research, these seemed like the healthiest and most beneficial small-batch, holistically based ones I found. It made my dreads feel insanely soft and healthy prior to the dove soap buildup occurring, so if i can validate it doesn't build up, I'm going to work it into my routine. It may be something you have to experience yourself for you to understand why I wanna keep using it so bad, though
i-and-i
@i-and-i
7 years ago
35 posts
https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/honeysucklemoon/0/0/506737

Here's a link to her site, if you'd like to do some of your own investigating! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

looks interesting

but with vicki's did you switch from liquid to bar

the liquid makes it dread fast but has sea salt which can dry the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags