Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Treatment for hard spots

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I ended up using coconut oil, and sadly also ended up using more than 6 drops (maybe about 12, or maybe a little more, it's kinda hard to tell since the eye dropper I was using had the oil come out quick). Since I had to fill up nearly the whole of the bucket I was using....but oddly enough after washing it throughout my dreads my roots don't seem to be overly conditioned. Additionally, I did the soak for longer than only a few minutes....at the time the water I had was clear, by the end it seemed to be a yellowish color....was that from something that was washed out of my hair or from the oil I put in? Additionally, they don't seem to lost any tightness....in spite of this attempt the hard spots don't seem to have changed much, but it may just be that it could take more than one soak to fix these spots, obviously...so would it be useful to even try this soak again another time? If so would it be like once a month type thing or sooner than that?

updated by @ravens-light: 02/02/17 12:15:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

oh i was meaning just apply those few drops directly to the hard spot while wet and  squeeze it and work it in

and yea color was likely the oil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Shoot it appears I have excess coconut oil in my dreads, to get it out, could I just soak my head in hot water or do I need to use ACV to get it out?

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Ok, yes sadly I have confirmed it, I have some oil built up in at least part of one of my dreads....is ACV the only means to get it out, or could I use hot water?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

hot water will get oils out especially with shampoo   dawn dish soap is great id its excessive

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I just soaked my hair in a bucket of hot water for a little while, some of the oil seems to have left....will do that again in a few minutes....then blow dry my hair so I can get it dry soon....since I'd rather not leave it wet....I mean I figured out I had the oil stuck in my hair when I was outside and felt it solidify....so does this mean that like 6-10 drops of oil may be the max for a soak? Since what I think was 12 or maybe more was WAY too much. ....I am trying to avoid washing with shampoo today since I had already shampooed my dreads on Monday....I did what I did today cause my head was pretty itchy. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

that's not a whole lot though

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so if that amount isn't too much, then is it that maybe I should have rinsed out it more thoroughly?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I will remember that for next time. Is it ok to condition my hair weekly or is it best left for about a once a month to maybe like every 3 months sort of thing?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form