Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help. Did I choose wrong shampoo?

SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts
It s the third week since I decided to let my dreads start.
I bought a shampoo bar and it just makes my hair kinda sticky and leaves layers on my scalp
Or so I think...
Here It is. Pic attached
Did I f**k it up?
I'm in Paris so I couldn't buy this site's products..I just went to a shop for afro and dreads and the guy recommended this
What to do? Can't wash it off for sole reason
Baking soda spooks me
DSC_0010.JPG.jpg
DSC_0010.JPG.jpg  •  2.4MB

DSC_0009.JPG.jpg
DSC_0009.JPG.jpg  •  2.4MB

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

I also live in europe and i wash with dr bronners bar soaps. I buy them from the Douglas website, but you can get them through amazon, too.

I is a good shampoo for dreads and i does'nt leave any residue!!! The liquid bronners is only good in soft water, the water type does'nt matter for the bars.

If you want to get rid of that sticky layer fast, i would use baking soda once in a ratio 1:10 (100mg in 1 liter of water) It's no problem to use baking soda only once!

SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts

ok

i'll panic my heart out first then do the baking soda deep wash. then i'll get some other shampoo. probably dr bronners; thx m8 ir8 8/8

SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts
on second thought, i was right in being spooked of baking soda http://blog.kanelstrand.com/2014/01/baking-soda-destroyed-my-hair.html http://generalhamfannery.blogspot.fr/2014/02/no-feels-only-reals-ph-and-dilution.html i did some pretty hard chemistry too so i kinda trust that. the water in paris has a lot of limestone and whatnot, and i think that s what caused the layers. i ve been here for 3 weeks and i'm going back to my clean water country side town pretty soon. i did have residue that i mistook for dandruff before, but not sticky white layers. i'll use a cleansing shampoo for a little time then go for a dread friendly one when i feel the scalp is clean and dreads are forming
updated by @spookedread: 01/04/17 02:38:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

if your not African American that's way way too moisturizing

water can suck..a in shower head water filters  ideal  if you travel you take it with you and simply replace whatever shower head your using with the filtered 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts

Definitely got afro hair. Forgot moisturising was good for that. Thanks for the reminder SE. I ll think about the filter when I get to travel later on. Especially when it is for a lengthy period of time.

Maybe I should also rinse it more thoroughly. Gotta try that too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i rinse and rinse and rinse some more

that's the only thing im slightly ocd about .. i kkeep rinsing and rinsing  probly much more then i need to

--
SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts

ye. soon after showering i wet my hand and ran it through my hair. then rubbed and it became foamy. totally going ocd about rinsing

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i even use a high pressure hand held massage shower head at close range to  blast it all out

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form