Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

Hmmm I don't know what flat iron is but judging from this pic I'd say your progress is very fast for 2 months. I've started 3 months ago and I only have 2 real knots, everything else are just sections with no real knots yet. Are those natural or t&r?

I'm no expert but I'd say neglect normally takes more than 3 months for your hair to start looking somewhat dready at all...

updated by @alienemotion: 01/09/19 12:29:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

why would you ever use a flat iron on dreads? but any dreads that look neat and tight in 2 months must be severely damaged and actually the actual dreading process is severely delayed when you rush things

dreads take a year to get tight and mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

the crochet hooks what i referred to that will drastically slow dreading

but why use a straightener that's no good! that's not going to help anything at all ..just the opposite

sop using that and they will progress nicely

but the crochet hiook tends to delay dreading by 6 months and take 3 years to recover from just 1 single use..if they are tight

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

MillaAlexia:

yeah my hair is naturally wavy/curly so my soft dreads get kinda wavy and I think it doesn't rly look good, but I know I have to stop using straightener because it doesn't do any good to my hair. I haven't used crochet hook on all of my dreads, I have few kinda tight dreads. Do you think I should take them out and make them dreads again?

In order for you're hair to dread property it's going to go through some changes. It's very unlikely those changes will be neat or straight. Your hairs likely to kink up, get loops in it, go all frizzy and wild and such. It's all part of the process and needs to happen. Embrace the disorder my friend. You'll be happier in the long run.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

MillaAlexia:

yeah my hair is naturally wavy/curly so my soft dreads get kinda wavy and I think it doesn't rly look good, but I know I have to stop using straightener because it doesn't do any good to my hair. I haven't used crochet hook on all of my dreads, I have few kinda tight dreads. Do you think I should take them out and make them dreads again?

they have to et loopy and wild to dread its the teen stage they have to go through and its a beautiful fun stage you'll miss when its over

about the crochet dreads depends how tight and stiff they are if they are to tight and stiff they will take way longer to dread and take years to loose the stiffness

--
fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

flat iron?!!?? yeah, good to hear you'll be ditching that.

Crocheting- yeah, I can say mine were bad enough, I had to redo or like sortof loosen them up. There was obvious blockage, dreads were holding residue and nothing was taking it out it seemed, and they weren't growing longer either. After loosening them, they finally started to grow again and wash through, but I was lucky (I think)! It was hell trying to comb out, BUT, it was good I did something because I would have lost so much more time and it would have just been even harder to get them out if I had to do it all and/or do it later! (think it was about 6months before I figured it out) Pretty sure mine's an extreme case, and as I said, I THINK I was able to salvage them, so...if you aren't having those problems, you'll probably be alright. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form