Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating question

fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

So, neglect dreading here and I'm wondering about when to start separating. I keep reading "when ROOTS start matting together is when  you should start", but mine are knotting at the tip end mostly. I somehow managed a few dreads (not sure how that happened), but most are only at the tip and when I separate those, they either end in too thin dreads and/or clumps that fall out. Should I not be separating yet? Ok, so like for instance, I have a huge matt of hair right now, not really sectioned, just afro-like, should I let it knot some more? I mean, it's very thin fine hair...I think I will try letting it go a day or so, see if that gets more root clumping together. But, of course, insight would be nice.

oh! also, do you separate root to tip or tip to root? or?

thanks! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

separate by pulling the 2 sections away from eachother

unless they are forming from huge sections  you wont want to separate until the sections are dreaded enough to hold together  when ou separate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

thank you SE! I saw this in my inbox, but never got time to say thanks! It's a big help to know this. And I also recently heard about natural locks "sectioning". I didn't realize they do it naturally. I mean, well it's one thing to read about it and another to experience it. I suppose I was trying to fight it a little more than was necessary. Ha! But letting them go a bit more has been showing a difference! :) Thanks! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

oh yea they section themselves out rather quickly in most cases

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

uhhhh, 6 months?? :P