Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Possible residue buildup?

btw990
@btw990
8 years ago
62 posts
Hey, a little over a month ago I was on and getting advice from soaring eagle about continuing my dread journey naturally as well as removing wax. I got myself the Wax B Gone and used it twice, as well as letting my dreads just do their own thing and they've been doing great (thank you soaring eagle!). Now I have a question about what may be possible residue buildup in my dread. Before using the Wax B Gone, some of my dreads had a kind of grey tint, almost like a dull shine. I thought this might be from whatever wax was in there and that after the removal it would go away, but it hasn't. I tried a wash with Dawn dish soap last week to see if that might help, but that didn't either. I'm guessing that it is probably residue buildup, not sure how because I use Dr. Bronner's for washing but maybe my water isn't good enough to be using that. Any advice on how I can get rid of whatever it is? I will try and get a good picture to post tomorrow; couldn't get one tonight because I don't have the greatest lighting in the house. Thanks!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@dreadlocks-forums
8 years ago
29,640 posts

are you sure the wax is gone

wax b gones very effective but wax is extremely hard to remove

bronners can leave horrible residue if you have hard water

search google for hard water map and your country or region

when you use wax b gone you should squeeze it in to thye core of the dread  really get it in there then wait 15 minutes and wash out with dreadshampoo or dawn and the hottest water you can

you should also repeat that several times beyond when your absolutely convinced theres no possibility there could still be wax in them

now if it is bronners residue or any non wax residue a clarifying or anti residue shampoo will fix it..but be aware these are not "non residue" they are anti residue they are harsh..toxic..not safe for every day  use only to be used to remove buildup every few months at most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
btw990
@btw990
8 years ago
62 posts

Looks like my area has slightly hard water, but now that you mention it maybe it is the Dr. Bronner's. My fiance cleaned the bathtub yesterday and I showered afterward, and there was a bunch of white crap again in the tub. She said maybe it was the shampoo, so maybe that is what it is. I suppose I should order some from dreadlockshampoo.com, yes? Their stuff did smell amazing when I used the sample they gave me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

id highly recommend it yes

if you have well water..theres a rod inside the hot water heater im not sure what it does

but well vs city water should have a diferent type rod

that could be your issue it was for 1 of our members anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form