teatree

peppermint burns bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

Hey just updating this for anyone who is in my boat (the sinking ship of the Uk). I've been reading a lot about residue left behind from Dr bronners when used in Hard  water areas.. and well that's most of the UK. So in an attempt to stop this thread misinforming people, be aware!! Though I don't seem to be having a problem with it at the moment and my hair seems to be knotting up nicely, who knows, in time residue may build up, I suppose that's that's how it works.. Plus I don't have actual dreads at the moment as they are forming at the 3 week stage so my hair may not retain residue as much as actual formed and mature dreadlocks may.. So I'm back on the hunt, paying for shipping from dreadlocksshampoo.com is sounding more and more tempting!! Will some rich person please set up a re-seller over here!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

you probly won't notice buildup till its dreaded except that your hair and skin may feel oily or sticky and not  just pure clean after washing

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

how about this one? https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/276559546/super-dread-natural-dreadlock-shampoo?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dreadlock%20shampoo&ref=sr_gallery_2 ingredients

►List of Ingredients
Aqua (Cornish Spring Water), Potassium Oleate (Saponified Olive Oil), Potassium Cocoate (Saponified Coconut Oil), Glycerine (Vegetable, Occurs Naturally), Citric Acid, Potassium Cannabis Sativa (Saponified Hemp Seed Oil), Lavendula Augustfolia (Lavender) Essential Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Essential Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract & Parfum, Linalool*, Limonene*, Geraniol*

I have heard that the saponified oils can be something to avoid but seems Dr Bronners that I'm using atm is pretty much made from them so... I'm tempted..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

true soaps are saponified oils

lil trivia.  i never watched boned but flipping through the channels saw 1 where they exumed the corpse of a child

and opened the casket and out poured like 50 gallons of soap

because kids tend to be chubby (and happens to many heavy people) and the ground was high in lye, the ground saponified the fats in the body turning it to soap

so saponification is the process off using a caustic material (lye) to break down oils into soap

the shampoo looks ok to me  though i would look up the ones with * and se what those are

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

haha holy s&*t man quite a sight to flick on to! ahh so i have been misinformed yet again by someone not knowing their stuff!

I will check those *'s! was glycerine not one to look out for, residue wise?

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts
hmm the *'s seem to be ok.. naturally found in some essential oils linalool and limonene are basically the same thing, the linalool and limonene are found in a whole bunch of "essential" oils and basically are a cleanser they can however cause some skin irritation to some folk in their pure forms, as most pure chemicals would, however that must be pretty diluted in a 250ml bottle of shampoo.. geraniol is another component of a lot of "essential" oils too and is basically a perfume carrier and is amusingly (to me) also known as lemonol, when life gives you lemons eh! all three don't do to well on that cosmetic scale thing people harp on about however when fresh have recently been proved to inhibit cancer growths and such, interesting stuff, i think its just the possibility of skin irritation thing that holds em back a bit, but i think if you poured most pure essential oils on your skin it'd be a problem from what i remember. A lil reading, just the tabs i have left open i looked at 3 for each and they all said the same things.. although none of them talked about how it would behave in a shampoo :p http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/qa/2011/3/9/linalool.html http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/limonene/limoneneh.htm http://www.phytochemicals.info/phytochemicals/geraniol.php
updated by @fozbee: 07/30/16 01:35:53PM
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

mm so after all that.. will it be better than dr bronners?

cost wise it is twice the price and bronners is concentrate possibly meaning it is in fact probably around 10 x the price...

I suppose its all about the residue... the only real difference ingredients wise when you disregard the smell are Bronners having Potassium Hydroxide (breaks the oils into soap and glycerol) where Superdread has straight up Glycerol and the super dread stuff having the limonene lemon combo which i suppose technically will be found in the essential oils used in the Dr bronners... hmmm...

It's an alternative but I don't know if it'll be any better in hard water for residue.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

i really couldn't say for sure

but if its 10 times the price of bronners you might as well go with the best and get www.dreadlockshampoo.com right

i wish one of our real shampoo experts was still around

it doesn't seem like it would be an issue in hard water but i cant guarantee that

most soaps .. pure soaps.. don't work in hard water that's why detergents were made

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form