Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cutting Hair?

mia333
@mia333
9 years ago
1 posts

I am 6 months into natural dreads, I didn't get a haircut before I started so im sure I have some dead ends..

I don't really need a haircut right now, but im just wondering for the future. If I don't want hair down to my butt, is it ok to cut dreads and how do you go about doing it???

garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Shalom!

For me, I won't cut it. It would be painful for me to cut it. After all the things we(my hair) been through, though I'm also new to this journey, I would really love them to see them grow. Besides it would be several years, like 4 or 5 years or even more before your hair reach that point. By that time I guess you are pretty sure if you are going to cut it or not. 

Laugh  So yeah for me, atm, cutting is not an idea. besides we have a lot of ways to wear them, tam, bonnets, scarf. would really love to wear them...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

mine are twice as long as my body almost i will never cut

when they are 20 feet long i'll just wrap em around me like a dread shirt

30 feet i'll  wrap em into dread pants  and wear nothing but my dreads

40 feet i'll mummify myself in them (i'll be biyut that afe to die by then)

oint is wont cut an inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
L Sully
@l-sully
9 years ago
1 posts

This is a sensitive subject for some, but there realy is no reason why you can't cut. Pick a length, cut, then carefully comb out an inch (or less) at the ends to they look nice. Your dreads will not be harmed, other than they'll be shorter. 

Melissa6
@melissamoon
9 years ago
2 posts

Cutting hair is definantly not an easy task for alot of us. This is something i have spent much time pondering myself. When I first began my journey most of my hair had been touched or damaged from bleach and hair dye. I knew i really should have cut it in the earliest stages but my loathing for hair cuts prolonged this. I have now cut over half of the hair I had, not all at ounce but different sessions. I got the courage to do this in knowing that i would like to let them be and grow as long and free as they desire. If this is the begging of a life long journey i would like to begin with and carry nothing but healthy "virgin" hair. What i can offer if you do choose to cut, do one big cut when there young to keep them even and avoid too many worries about the weight or previously damaged hair later on. ~Dont worry, be happy!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form