Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sun Dry(ing) - How much is too much?

garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Hi great lovely natural dreadhead community! :)

I've recently included this, the Sun drying on my washing routine. I'm from a tropical country which is blessed with the Sun shine daily(unless if its rainy season or there's tropical storm) but after I try using the sun to make drying more easily and quickly on my nearly 8-month dreadies. It feels great and also getting the benefits of getting rid of molds(that makes dreadies stink).

Though, I want to know how much is too much when staying under the sun. I mean Will there be a good or bad effect on your dreadies if you stay longer under the sun during drying after wash?

Would love to hear your experiences, Appreciate any inputs.

Peace x

updated by @nattyska: 02/04/18 01:56:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

no never too much..effects of too much sun exposure, lightening of the hair, getting too hot, and sunburns

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Thanks for the quick feedback SE. 

But do you have an idea like how many minutes is enough with sun drying? 10, 15, 20minutes? Or maybe soon as you feel your hair is dry? or you feeling the sun burn? :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on your hair and sun intensity i find 15 minutes in the sun dries them more then 6 hors out of the sun  so just do what feels like its getting the job done

--
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Alright SE will take note of that.

Thanks.

Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i also move them  around so the damper ones get more direct sun and access to airflow

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form