Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When to separate?

Psybin
@psybin
9 years ago
32 posts

I've been learning not to play with my hair so much, but I don't think I've yet learned when to separate and when to just leave them be.  After a few days of trying not to touch them, some loose hair starts to get caught up together with other dreads.  Once, I let a dread in the back go for several days and it got super congoed and I had to cut a little bit of it with scissors.  Do I just let that mess in my first example tangle for a while and worry about the separating after like a week or two (and possibly have them way too tangled up), or should I keep up with it a bit more?  I'm trying to balance that line and figure out if my dreads are taking so long to form cuz I don't give them a chance to tangle, or if it's just my hair type.  I guess I'm also asking if that's how dreads form, by tangling with the help of nearby dreads, or if they should be doing that by themselves?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont seperate what isnt dreaded unkless it woiuld form a dreads  too big

once u got sections starting to dreasd  seperatre them from eachother as often as needed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Psybin
@psybin
9 years ago
32 posts

Currently the mess I mentioned has one or two dreads, some loose hair, and a section or two that haven't started locking yet, but it seems like the hair/dreads next to it are keeping the sections folded enough that they may start locking if I leave it all alone, but I'm not sure how long to wait to separate.  I do seperate dreads that have started, but this type of thing is sorta new for my hair.. maybe it's the next stage in my hair's sloooow process. ;p

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

just be sure u keep the dreads seperated

it will be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Psybin
@psybin
9 years ago
32 posts

Ok, maybe I'm just fussing a bit too much over it lol.  Side note, but I just wish the rest of my hair would at least start to lock.. sigh.  It's been almost half a year and a little more than half my hair hasn't even started yet!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form