Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Considering wax or something to help my dreads..

Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

Had my dreads back combed badly almost a year ago, done very little maintenance other then separating over the year, long story short, they're hardly working, half loose hair tons of un dreaded parts not looking like anyone else's one year marks in the least, just looks like i got a big bush on my head

coworkers at work that have had dreads in the past have been recommending i crochet (which i'll never do), or use wax or something since day 1 but I've stayed neglet, but at this point i'm kinda wishing they would at least slightly resemble dreadlocks

small amount of wax or something similar help?

updated by @zach-hersey: 02/14/15 11:49:20AM
Icky
@icky
10 years ago
8 posts

Any amount of wax will RUIN them

Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts

Don't use any amount of wax all it does is stick the hairs together to resemble dreads but won't allow any friction so your process will just stay the same since the day the wax was put in. Plus god know what sort of stuff you would collect in your hair from the wax stickiness. Best bed is to wait for Soaring Eagle to come online and private message him about the situation.

Peace and Love.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wax never heklps its just badbad bad whhatr do u washwuith hiw do u dry sea salt and bewds are the best options beads help a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

it's been a year, they already seem somewhat ruined

Icky said:

Any amount of wax will RUIN them

Radiantwild
@radiantwild
10 years ago
4 posts
Looks like you wanna loosen em up somehow and let them re-work? I dunno. Got a whole head shot?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they look perfectoy fine if the big lumps youre worry dont its =fine but the nmax u want to do i=s wrfap it to thin it otherwisetheyare perfectkly fine

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dont let ppl with fake dreads tell u whatnyour dreads should look like theres nothing wrong with yours they aere just slightly slower then some and will keep getting better over time..how can they be ruined when drezading olerfectl,y

--
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

are they dreading perfectly though? they've looked almost the exact same for ~6 months, and barely different from a year ago when I started, here's some more overall pictures

http://imgur.com/a/cE4D4

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form