Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

8 month natural dreads- need encouragement!

UrbanHippie
@urbanhippie
11 years ago
9 posts
So I'm on a fb group and pisted my dread proccess and asked that people tell me it gets better. My dreads are so short and just looked matted and not quite dread-like. They are stubby and funny looking. Turds, if you will. Instead of encouragement, I was told my dreads will look like a homeless person unless I do maintenance on them like crocheting or at least palm rolling. I started to believe them. Someone said I don't fet people that say natural because it is natural to play with yoyr hair, roll it, touch it, etc. True. And I do touch my dreads and I separate them and play with them but no metal objects go near my head. I tried palm rolling and it was tiring and felt pointless. That doesn't feel natural tome. This iisn't supposed to be sone time consuming hair style. This is a natural way to let your hair lie. I never paid much notice to my hair before dreads...why would I now? And spend tons of money at a salon? Um no. I'm pregnant with a toddler and a deployed husband...I am nit going to spend loads of time for that perfect dread look. A fake look. I will ket my hair do It's thing and not stress. I will learn to have faith in my hair and body and to trust in it. With. Tine, they will grow and have lovely length. They will resemble dreads rather than turds. I just need patience. And I would love encouragement. Please remind me I am doig ok, that they will look bwtter, and this is right. Also, excuse the many typos.
updated by @urbanhippie: 02/14/15 08:09:54AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

it will get better & you will not HAVE to do anything like that to them. sounds like the group you are in is very biased towards maintenance & locticians. i could add you to a couple fb groups that are more like this site, mostly natural & do what makes you happy type dreadies. lets see a photo of your "homeless person" dreadies, i bet they aren't bad at all! maybe someone was just trying to get you to use their dread "fixing" business or something, but you don't need it! forget about your dreadies & just live, & soon they will be absolutely amazing without you having to put a ton of time & effort into screwing them up lol. it sounds like you have the right attitude yourself, just got some negative feedback from the wrong people :(

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Don't do anything to them but wash like twice a week. I'm 2yrs with mine and they're a love hate relationship. Hang in there and don't give in to the bs and that doesn't mean baking soda!
UrbanHippie
@urbanhippie
11 years ago
9 posts
Thank you for the encouragement! After those comments, I knew it would be best to come back here for a refresher on dreads. I'm just in the dreadlocks group on fb called "dreadlocks". If you know of others where a majority of the people are all for natural, I would love to be in those.
UrbanHippie
@urbanhippie
11 years ago
9 posts
I will update my profile soon and post the picture of my homeless person dreads as soon as I am on a desktop computer...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

and dreadlocks natty dreads group

wich i started because of the 1 your talking bout

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

but i too want to see your lovely dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
UrbanHippie
@urbanhippie
11 years ago
9 posts

So here is a picture of my "homeless person" dreads as that person so elegantly put it.

updated by @urbanhippie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
irieguy skyhigh
@irieguy-skyhigh
10 years ago
20 posts
Hello there.Im new to the site.but my hair is da saym.everywun tells me my hair nasty.n i look homeless.but i dont care n just grow my hair.bless
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form