Hey, Im new here, just posted in intros and I have a few questions
just started my dread journey, babies are a week old today blog about them
I have very curly hair and did the twist n rip method because I liked the look of them best from my research. they seem to be ok other than the ends are loosening quite a bit...so without further adieu:
1. should I be retwist n ripping the ends or DONT TOUCH? and why, why not?
2. if I have oily scalp and always had issues with dandruff and itches what should I use to wash them during the baby stage, and how often to start out? I have read "not for the first month" "2-3 times a week", "leave it for a week or two".....so many different ideas and I am not sure what is best for the baby stage
3. I read on a blog that it was okay to do criss cross wraps as they don't restrict the dreads in their process...is that true (my keyboard question,mark is being weird so I will no longer use it for the duration of this post LOL) so I would love the wrap all my little dreads in criss cross embroidery thread to help tame the frizzies since with my curly hair they are starting to look really frizzy
4. also read that it is ok to use aloe on baby dreads for frizzies, but then somewhere else I read that that was a bad idea for baby dreads....so much conflicting info!
5. sea salt sprays...yay or nay again conflicting opinions for baby dreads
thanks to anyone who tackles my questions
updated by @wcbabydreads: 02/14/15 12:53:51PM