Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet help please

tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts
Hey guys/gals.Sooo I'm starting to crochet my first tam (yay!) but I am having a bit of trouble. the pattern starts with a slip ring, and then 15 double crochet loops. i can't seem to grasp how to keep the free end of the slip ring away from the loops, and it always seems to get tangled up.if some of you with crochet experience can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.thanks!
updated by @tsteck11: 01/13/15 08:56:18PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I may be misunderstanding but are the dc's in the ring? and if so dun worry about the little tail off the ring if that's what you're talking about mine always gets crocheted into the stitches going into the ring just means ya dun have to trim as much when done :P
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts
ok thanks guys
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Awesome video Maxe! Your approach is different than mine...infact, simpler. Great job, I may adopt your way in the future!

Maxe said:

I tried making a little video to show how to start...like, pull the tail to the side so it's free...the double crochet stitches are too big to show it better..and I only made 3 obviously - make them tighter yourself...and don't make the slip ring too big, cause even though you'll be tightening the ring by pulling the tail after making the 15 double crochets, the size of the initial "ring" will have something to say regarding the size of the hole in your tam. Also..don't pull the tail so tightly that the circle of the 15 double crochets begin to make creases..just a nice flat circle.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
that loop is called a magic circle. some patterns just have you chain a certain number of stitches and then join to form a ring and then crochet in the ring. i prefer the magic circle because you can tighten it up once your finished with the first row.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
OH magic circle is diff than the reg ones sorries >.<
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts
hello all. another question. has anyone crocheted a tam with a bill? i was pondering the idea of putting one on there.
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts
i saw a thing on youtube and in the video the lady does half double crochets
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts
well, i just finished it. mine is so much smaller than hers in the video. i guess that means that i did it too tightly?
Sweet,
@sweet
13 years ago
133 posts

maybe put a safety pin through the end of the thread and then pin it to a pillow or something, sounds like your starting the pattern the other way around, I usualy start at the rim first.

Sweet.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form