Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thought I'd show off a bit...

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
So I finally learned how to plot and follow my own peyote stitch designs thanks to a lot of patience and a 1 subject notebook. I figured I'd make a thread to show of my beauties. None are for sale, but I'm more than happy to answer any questions or give advice if need be. Without further ado, SHININESS!First cuff was already posted in my photos, but I figured I'd log it here anyhow: Starry dread cuff up close Starry cuff on a dread The second was just finished as of 6/24/10. It went a lot smoother this time; I tried a new method of adding thread. Full leaf piece leaf cuff when worn That one is holding together two very small dreads that I've been forcing to congo over the past few months. They're now attached at the root, but I'd like to encourage the length to dread together as well.For my next project, I'm thinking about making a cuff that looks like the eye of a peacock feather. I'd like for it to serve as a note of how naturally beautiful I am (wow that always comes off sounding conceded...).
updated by @faelwynn: 01/13/15 08:38:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so umm why do u do a flat peyote stitch then close it instead of the normal tube?wouldnt it be stronger to just do a continuouse tube so u dont have the joint where u join the 2 ends?or ids uit u havent figured out how?start with a circle of beads (i think odd number?) when you go around to the end and close the circle u go throuigh the last 1 then up thru 1st on second row down thru next on 1st up thru 2nd on 2nd etxc..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I'm no good at tubular peyote. Tried it, hated it. You actually end up with a perfect zipper-like finish even if you start with a flat piece. The only way I know where I sewed the ends together is because there's the little knot at one end. Plus, my dreads are so huge at this point that it's becoming hard to find anything to wrap the piece around (to keep it stable) if it were tubular peyote. Also, I've put a lot of strain on my pieces before trying to slip them over dreads, and as long as you're using a good thread and knot your ends tightly/securely, there's no problem with strength at all. soaringeagle said:
so umm why do u do a flat peyote stitch then close it instead of the normal tube?
wouldnt it be stronger to just do a continuouse tube so u dont have the joint where u join the 2 ends?or ids uit u havent figured out how?start with a circle of beads (i think odd number?) when you go around to the end and close the circle u go throuigh the last 1 then up thru 1st on second row down thru next on 1st up thru 2nd on 2nd etxc..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh ok i just always did the tubular and found it very easy but never did real fancy patterns or anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
very nice work,
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
the site helped a bit, I used that article on the surgeon's knot for my thread adding this time. Overall, it turned out well. Knottysleeves said:
Very nice work! Hope my tips helped. :-)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form