Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sandalwood dread bead

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Peace and blessings. This is the first sandalwood dread bead I have made. I bought some 25mm sandalwood beads and re-shaped and re-drilled the hole. This one is 12mm. It is not shaped perfectly, the hole is not perfectly round, neither is the outside, there is still scratches from the file, not rough to touch though. Hand made.

I had it in yesterday and I got the occasional wiff of sandalwood, yay, that is what I was hoping for, and that was before I oiled it with sandalwood oil, which I did today, only two drops.

I am looking into buying a sandalwood log and carving beads from scratch. If anyone is interesting in buying sandalwood dread beads, let me know. I will sell only to cover cost of materials. Not my time, which is free.

the only reason I ask now if anyone is interested because I have not made my mind up yet, on buying the log, but if there is any interest then that might help me make my mind up. The log will come from plantation sandalwood here in Australia.

peace and blessings

updated by @tim5: 02/03/18 11:28:38PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

updated by @tim5: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
That's beautiful and I would love to have that smell in my hair.. wish I had the oil too! Create create create! Very interested. :)
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

:):):):):)

melanie rose said:

That's beautiful and I would love to have that smell in my hair.. wish I had the oil too! Create create create! Very interested. :)
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
How much would it cost to send up to the states? I think its lovely. Wood is my favourite
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I don't think it would be very much. Give me a day or so, and I will let you know cost of beads and postage.

peace

melanie rose said:

How much would it cost to send up to the states? I think its lovely. Wood is my favourite
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Namaste
katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

i'minterested!! you should do it!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I would definitely buy some!
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I am going ahead with the project, I will keep you all posted as I get along with it. Thankyou for the responses. I now have access to fallen Australian sandalwood, from a certified sustainable plantation grower.

peace and blessings

updated by @tim5: 05/29/15 11:20:26PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form