Dreadlocks Forums

Ever Changing Dreads

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Lol! Mud. How hard was that to get out?

soaring eagle said:

ive had my dreads so caked in mud they were 3-5 times as thick zas normal just from all the caked on mud..does that count?

updated by @valrie: 07/13/15 12:09:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never used wax so not very id roll on o=into the mudy river daily to get the bulk out then when i got home 1 good washing got em very clean

Valrie said:

soaring eagle said:

ive had my dreads so caked in mud they were 3-5 times as thick zas normal just from all the caked on mud..does that count?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I know that mud baths are good for the skin, I wonder if a "mud mask" for the hair would be equally beneficial for the scalp. :P

soaring eagle said:

never used wax so not very id roll on o=into the mudy river daily to get the bulk out then when i got home 1 good washing got em very clean

Valrie said:

soaring eagle said:

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

chalking?!?! this sounds super interesting! i must check this out asap!! :) thanxx soo much for looking it up!! :) <3

Valrie said:

Have you tried chalking the tips?

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

hmm.. i wouldn't think mud would be good for dreads.. actually i did henna before on my dreads ( which is deff like mud) and I was soo sorry I did!! I was freaking out because I couldn't get it all out!! there were pieces of it like stuck in my dreads.. so i scrubbed the hell out of my hair for two days in a row and it finally came out.. I hated like touching my dreads and having to feel this stuff in them.. i was picking it out.. it was a bad move on my part. . lol
Valrie said:

I know that mud baths are good for the skin, I wonder if a "mud mask" for the hair would be equally beneficial for the scalp. :P

soaring eagle said:

Valrie said:

soaring eagle said:

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

chalking looks really cool but i wouldn't do it. my daughter tried this once and never again. after applying it she went about her day. anything your hair will come in contact with will be left with chalk residue also don't do it if there's any chance of rain. it washes off really easily so on a rainy day your bound to have multi colored clothing by days end.

if you do decide to do it, make sure you use soft pastel chalk not oil pastels.

Valrie said:

Have you tried chalking the tips?

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

thanxx for the tip :) .. yeah it sounds kool, but i personally wouldn't try it.. chalk is messy! lol i remember when I was little it would get all over anything i was wearing, and in my hair.. makes sense it would rub off on cloths when you think about it.. :o) .. but i'm sure there easier methods to dying dreads without dying them.. i know there is food coloring.. i've never tried that either, but i hear it works, but washes out very quickly.... hmmm..

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I didn't have much of a problem with the chalking but I wore black so it's hard to say if it "stained" my clothes or not. :P

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

did it wash out easily??

SammieKay
@sammiekay
12 years ago
3 posts

Ive put earrings without a match in mine before. I love the way a little jewlery snazzes them up.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form