Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ever Changing Dreads

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

Many people feel stuck when they get dreads, meaning they have dread locks and that's the end of it. Even though beads are a fun way to dress up dreads, its not the only way.. If you are like me and changed your hair a lot before dreads, you can still do all those fun things with dread locks! I am continuously adding different color threads, yarns, and fabrics into my dreads.. This is a super fun way to play with colors and change up your dreads as often as you like. Also I love to experiment with different colors, even though dye is not the greatest thing for dread locks, it is not the worst either!... Another fun idea is to buy different color hair and twist it around your dreads, cross-cross designs, or candy cane swirls.. the sky's the limit! Please any one who is as experimental with their dreadies as I am please share some new ideas for dressing up dread-locks.. :)

updated by @cecelia-fae: 02/14/15 10:53:15AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well if you didnt crochet and let them be natural they change constantly anyway they are alo]=ive every changeing rearanging a living organic organism growing from your brain they entertain you help you atain a higher you they are alive they thrive they are unique each and every 1 diferent..with a personality..like a child they take shape as time goes by

yea when i was starting out i had wraps crystals bells beads sleeves chillums feathers you name it but just letting em be free to have a organic beauty is good enough for me and ..easy hagha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anya Zama
@anya-zama
12 years ago
8 posts

Chillums?!?! Hahahahahhaha!

soaring eagle said:

well if you didnt crochet and let them be natural they change constantly anyway they are alo]=ive every changeing rearanging a living organic organism growing from your brain they entertain you help you atain a higher you they are alive they thrive they are unique each and every 1 diferent..with a personality..like a child they take shape as time goes by

yea when i was starting out i had wraps crystals bells beads sleeves chillums feathers you name it but just letting em be free to have a organic beauty is good enough for me and ..easy hagha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

glass chillums and 1 made from a pirhana jawbone from brazil i think

Anya Zama said:

Chillums?!?! Hahahahahhaha!

soaring eagle said:

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Have you tried chalking the tips?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what/ chalking the tips like a cue stick? why would you do that? ..that realllly confuses me

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Chalking is a way to get a fun no commitment color into the hair that washes out. You would use soft (not oil-based) pastels and lightly dust the strands. I've done this with loose hair before and it was a lot of fun and easy to rinse away. I've not tried any coloring in a really long time though so I am not sure if anyone has tried this with dreads... just curious and asked.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ahh never heard of that never woukd have thought of that either

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive had my dreads so caked in mud they were 3-5 times as thick zas normal just from all the caked on mud..does that count?

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I just ran a search and found this gal who has chalked her dreads....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyhellfire/

I don't have a Flickr account so I have no way of messaging her to see how it washed out but, it looks nice.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form