Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

sleeping in a tam / frizzies / big hair

baby britt
@baby-britt
6 years ago
112 posts

even at 8 months? it's not frizzy anymore and the natural oils are building up nicely, in my opinion. i was only a month and a half in when i made this post =)

Baba Fats said:

Baby, wash it more than once a week. At your stage you should still be washing it ever 2-3 days. That'll help keep all the oilyness at bay. Washing is great for locks. Just make sure you let it dry completely in between washes. Depends on the shampoo you use too.

But it's natural. Yeah, one day it'll be great and knotted up, but even then you might have some of those locks that just like to sick up and out until they weigh enough to be pulled down

updated by @baby-britt: 07/23/15 04:12:26PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
6 years ago
2,730 posts

eh, at 8 months, you could maybe lighten up a little, but I'm at 5 years, and I wash once a week religiously. twice if I feel super itchy. (I'm allergic to dander and if I spend a lot time with dogs and cats I get the itchies that won't go away till I wash). So yeah, even at 8 months, you don't want to stop washing or wash rarely. No matter what stage, washing is great for them.

When you say natural oils, do you mean you'r hair is oily, or just not dry and itchy?

If it's oily/greasy feeling, you should start to lay off washing as often. Maybe go down to once a week

baby britt
@baby-britt
6 years ago
112 posts

right now i wash once a week, usually on sundays. i hate going places with my hair wet because it takes about 5 or 6 hours to fully dry, and since i work full time i only wash on my days off.

and by natural oils i mean that my hair is not dry and itchy =)

trust me, i will never stop washing! i love the feeling of clean hair =) i just don't like it to be wet when i'm out and about.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
6 years ago
2,730 posts

Yeah, that's why I was onFriday's. I have the weekend to let them dry completely. once a week should be fine. do you still have the 80's style big frizzy hair problem, or has that started to subside?

baby britt
@baby-britt
6 years ago
112 posts

nope! much better now.

updated by @baby-britt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
6 years ago
2,730 posts

Those look great. Seems like you've got the hang of it. Now you can just keep letting them do their own thing, and just imagine what they'll look like at the 1 year mark

baby britt
@baby-britt
6 years ago
112 posts

ahhhh i can't wait =) thank you for your wisdom, friend

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
6 years ago
2,730 posts

that's what we're here for

Mary
@mary
6 years ago
140 posts

You only need one thing : Patience.

baby britt
@baby-britt
6 years ago
112 posts

mary, i'm at 8 months now and my patience was tried, indeed, but i'm loving my locks =) thanks for the encouragement.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form