Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Knotted Dreadlock Wraps - How Do You Make Them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

excelent job but add it to the videos section too

and add the site address to the bottom

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:19:03AM
Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts

I had a friend use embroidery thread and her dread ate it. So I wouldn't recommend it for new dreads esp. I use hemp and do the criss-cross pattern mentioned above. (See my pics). I did it on the bottom two or three layers of my new dreads to keep the roots seperated (congoing was teh reason why I took my last attempt at dreads out). I hadn't thought of doing macrame style knots but I might try that on a couple. it would be strenuous and use a lot of hemp to do it on all of your dreads.

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

I have a few different ways i wrap mine, and my friends dreads, if you still need a video i can make a few when i have down time with the kid, later tonight, on a few wraps i do.

Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

For the knot technique (like friendship bracelet) this video explains/shows it best.

It doesn't show it on dreads, but it's the best directions I've seen yet.

Hope this helps!

Lisa Palmer
@lisa-palmer
13 years ago
7 posts

a simple walk thru for the macrame knots....

take a few strands of whatever colors you want... make them approximately 3-4 inches longer than you want your wrap. Tie the end around your dread you want it in. Take all the colors but one and hold them in your left hand if you are right handed (opposite for lefties). Take the remaining color in your right hand and kinda fold it over the dread and other pieces in kindof a 4 shape... that's the shape you will see. Then take the end of that piece and pul it under and thru the center of the 4. continue on this same way until you are ready to switch colors. Pick your next color and put it in your right hand... first color back to the left hand with the rest. and just keep going in this way. Make sure not to turn anything over and hold it tight as you are doinig it. The knots will spiral around the dread and be very beautiful. Once you get to the end of your thread or hemp just trim the ends of the thread. There are so many knots it won't come loose. Hope this helps

Lisa Palmer
@lisa-palmer
13 years ago
7 posts

a simple walk thru for the macrame knots....

take a few strands of whatever colors you want... make them approximately 3-4 inches longer than you want your wrap. Tie the end around your dread you want it in. Take all the colors but one and hold them in your left hand if you are right handed (opposite for lefties). Take the remaining color in your right hand and kinda fold it over the dread and other pieces in kindof a 4 shape... that's the shape you will see. Then take the end of that piece and pul it under and thru the center of the 4. continue on this same way until you are ready to switch colors. Pick your next color and put it in your right hand... first color back to the left hand with the rest. and just keep going in this way. Make sure not to turn anything over and hold it tight as you are doinig it. The knots will spiral around the dread and be very beautiful. Once you get to the end of your thread or hemp just trim the ends of the thread. There are so many knots it won't come loose. Hope this helps

Brie2
@brie2
13 years ago
1 posts

The wrap with the spiral is called a Chinese staircase. You may be able to find better videos or tutorials searching that.

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

I would like to see video that shows exactly how to do it yourself. Does it speed up the locking of the dreads that are stubborn?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

kindadebatable if it does or doesnt ive heard both claims but it prevents thenm from unraveling so in that it might it also squishes them so they are thin and straight and loop free but the roots grow in thicker so u can have a dread way thinner then the new growth dread ..but i think that can maybe sliowly equalize i dunno im not sure i could figure out which dreads weere wrapped early on

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

this is it thebn you can do a double versiom to get the double spiral then if u reverse it each time u get straight ridges that dont spirakl (single or double)

its super simple

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form