Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Extensions.

Chelsea LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn
@chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin
13 years ago
42 posts
Added my kankelan extensions. And I. Not too pleased. It was really hard to backcomb properly for some reason so the extensions are mostly crochet and way too long check out my new video on YouTube to tell me what you think. Just search "dreadielove". But they are not even feeling good at the end of my dreDs. I just want my dreads back!!!!! So I'm going to have to cut them and I'm going to redo a few ofF them and take the rest out I think. Does the kankelan dread like my hair did because it seems to not make any progress. Somebody help!!!!
updated by @chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin: 12/04/17 10:36:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
why dont u just let yoir real dreads grow?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
13 years ago
42 posts
It looks silly.

soaringeagle said:
why dont u just let yoir real dreads grow?
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
The extensions will start to dread like your normal hair, but it can take a wee while for you to see any progress. The roughness will also go away and they will start to feel more like part of your hair rather than an extension.Another thing to note is that they won't shrink in length, but may get slightly thinner due to them tightening
dank
@dank
13 years ago
3 posts
i agree with SE. let them do there thing. .
Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts
Why don't you make 'synthetic dreads' either with kankelan or wool roving (which is what I use) and tie them into your locks? It'll give you the appearance of longer/shorter/different colored/etc locs and you can take them out and put them in when ever you like.
Prue Dence
@prue-dence
13 years ago
11 posts
you should do a video of this! i have funny dreads at the moment while they're doing their thang and growing and i also have quite long tails. i wanted to get extensions too because i'm so impatient, and getting my dreads the length i want will take years but i'm still not too keen on putting fakies in my hair. your idea sounds good if they're removable!

Storm said:
Why don't you make 'synthetic dreads' either with kankelan or wool roving (which is what I use) and tie them into your locks? It'll give you the appearance of longer/shorter/different colored/etc locs and you can take them out and put them in when ever you like.
13 years ago
42 posts
i might add a few but dont do them all. they feel funny in my hair and ive already removed them all. they are a pain in the ass for me. they dont feel like real hair. just lengthen the short ones but im gunna tell you honestly... your hair grows so fast when you have dreads that in a month you might not need them and decide to take them out. i have some tiny ones now from splitting a few but i put beads on them to weigh them down so they dont stick out (: good luck! (:
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

Mine started unraveling after the first wash, backcombing them sucked and using the straightener on them hurt my hands lol. I would definitely suggest buying wool roving instead. They're a little more expensive but they feel nicer and theyre super soft and are a lot easier to make too. heres the tutorial i used when i made mine: http:/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90q_35VYUo

hope this helps a bit :)

Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts
not sure why anyone would ever think its a good idea to extend dreadlocks with synthetic fibre hair.. if you really want to extend use human hair.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form