Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have been making some loc jewels, thoughts please?

Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

My etsy shop is

loclava.etsy.com

25% off for Dreadlock site members only

Use coupon code

DREADLOCKSITE7

updated by @loc-lava: 07/22/15 11:19:14AM
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

New Loclk Jewelry Posted...skulls and butterflies. Check it out. Coupon code is still good. More posting this week.

www.loclava.etsy.com

Loc Lava said:

My etsy shop is

loclava.etsy.com

25% off for Dreadlock site members only

Use coupon code

DREADLOCKSITE7

updated by @loc-lava: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

Thanks, not all items have bone.

Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

Thanks for this note Ziggy, I am no longer have a problem with bone. Most of the beads and findings I have are thrifted or stuff I have had for a long time. A little of it is 'new'. But I do understand that some people don't like it. Same with the use of recycled silk in some of my other products. The silk remnants are gathered by small womens collectives. They make some products and sell some of the excess ribbons. I am happy to support their empowerment. Even though some are against silk altogether due to the harm that comes to the silk worm. Everyone is entitled to their choice.

Ziggy said:

Just for the record, most horn and bone jewelry is exceptionally ethical. Most of it is water buffalo from places like Indonesia. The buffalo, as a work animal, is what keeps the family alive. They are treated very well because the family is so dependent on them. They aren't slaughtered, and when they die of natural causes every inch of the animal is utilized, including horn and bone for things like jewelry...another way in which the animal helps a family keep living.
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts
Thanks. Yeah they def. need long wires. Mine wrap around many times, but still come on and off easy. Mine have stayed in well wrapping around 5 or so times.
Rheana Hayes
@rheana-hayes
10 years ago
26 posts

I love the look. They are very natural, native, tribal, masculine... As a potential client, I'd personally like to see some feminine paler color beads matching the little birdies you have. A lot of women love the pale pink/shell/pastel look with splashes of bright colors or cool colors. I'd like to see more themes like different colors,sun moon and stars, astrology signs, spiritual symbols, and others. I'm always looking at pieces that are made from hemp and don't have metal in them at all as metals tend to absorb more spiritual/emotional energy and I want to keep my dreads energetically cleansed. If that weren't the case for me I would love your little jingle bells here. The tassels at the bottom are very cute. I really love that you used crystals and I'm hoping they are real stone crystals. I'm having a very hard time finding dread beads made with healing crystals and I'd think there's a good market for it out there. I really need to just take the time to make my own beads and wraps with my own healing crystals and some polymer clay and hemp. Keep up the world!

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form