Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feathers

Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts
My natural affinity is to air which I contribute to my absolute love of anything involving feathers. I love having feathers in my hair and when I loc up I will be sure to have some in my hair frequently. I have a tendancy to come across random freathers outside very frequently so I guess I'm lucky :) I attach them to leather to tie in, clips, or just stick them in my hair and hope they don't fall out :P Just go out and look :)
updated by @storm: 07/22/15 08:05:10AM
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

I have a question , how do you do to make the feather not to fall when it is in your hair? also do you think this is possible in any way tomake a nodeor stick astring at the base of the feather and to it and to attach to to a dreadlock so it make a kind of cool bead, a short band with a feather attach to it ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can attach the feather with a bead or wrap or band id stick the feather into a bead but i usualy just tuck it into the roots

i do that with incence too sometimes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bigbuttannie
@bigbuttannie
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey I have chickens and my Gram has a Peacock I have some feathers from them that are beautiful If you send me your address ill send you some no prob! Of corse no charge Im not selling them just giving them :)

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Thank you

Bigbuttannie your so kind! but i live in Canada, i don't want to make you pay to ship those to me. and I also have a beautiful blue feather that i found by walking and kept it I didn'nt know why, now I will use it.

Dias
@dias
13 years ago
6 posts

One thing that no one has mentioned is fly fishing and tying shops. They have feathers in virtually every shape, size and colour you could ever want. My ex would make and sell feather hair extensions and she'd get all of her feathers from fly tying shops. However, once feather extensions became more popular the prices at those shops started to go up. Those feathers are not a vegan-friendly product though, if that is a concern.

bigbuttannie
@bigbuttannie
13 years ago
6 posts

Oh yeah no prob :) I just hate that they are selling those feathers they pluck them out of rosters. My chickens and peacock shed so thats where I get mine.

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

Thank you

Bigbuttannie your so kind! but i live in Canada, i don't want to make you pay to ship those to me. and I also have a beautiful blue feather that i found by walking and kept it I didn'nt know why, now I will use it.

Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
What I do is stick a bead on my dread then stick a feather through the bead. Works well.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form