Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Putting beads on flat dreads

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

Some of my future dreadlocks are definitely going to be more flat than round but I would like to put something on them. 

If I squash it into a sort of round-ish shape to fit into a large bead or something would it cause any problems? 

✌️ 

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.

updated by @aquaguy: 02/21/19 01:59:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

nope u can but there nothing wrong with flat dreads..and they most likely won't stay flat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

No, I actually don’t mind flat dreads and think they look better in some cases because it looks far more natural. I’m just trying to find ones to decorate 

--

Choose love over hate.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i wired a old broken earring onto 1 of mine years ag

--
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

Talking of beads on dreads, how do you secure them? 

and will they  stop/slow down the locking process?

Feels like they may help big bad kongs forming...anyone had any experience please?

20190112_210300.jpg
20190112_210300.jpg  •  651KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i slide em up till they stick, if they don't stick in that dread i  ind 1 they will stick in. each bead finds its home this way

if you want them to stay, keep working them up a tiny bit higher over 1st couple days  and they will stay in for years .. just the fact a dread varies in size shape  and texture inch by inch  as long as the size is close to right every dread should ave a point the bead will stick on and will not slid any further towards the roots

beads early on are more likely to stay in longer

they help prevent congos by keeping them separated, but if left in early n the dread can swell above and below  trapping it

and lets put it this way..in the beginning, i found some beads i thought were unique, so had someone  stick them in some undreaded loose hair that became dreaded hair in a very shot time

--
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

That’s cool, I’ll try and do that with some of mine. I’ve been looking at head sizes and just assuming they will either be too big or small instead of really trying. I have had some beads in but all of them eventually fell out in just under a week. I found some metal coils and thought they looked just the right size and they seemed to stay in a while but if I shake my head too heavily after the shower they just fly out 

--

Choose love over hate.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i make sure mine are seated well. if i ca move them back down fairly easy i push up farther till they don't want to move down again.

dreads change over time so its possible hey can someday come loose, in fact, havent had any stay in much longer then 5 years

but once they are seated well they shouldn't move easily for a few years

if you are unsure you want them to stay in for years, use wood. wod beads can be broken with a hammer then removed that way

ofcourse glass is easily brken but more risky

--
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I made a few from bamboo because I change my mind a lot. 

I have a question - is it safe to separate everyday or every other day? I find if I don’t check them everyday after a few days they start to form early congos. It’s taken so long to see much progress but now all the loose hair has suddenly started dreading insanely quickly and it’s taken me off guard

--

Choose love over hate.

updated by @aquaguy: 02/07/19 06:03:49PM
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

Have been pondering putting a few beads in to try speed up dreading and try and prevent congos forming..

would also like to try and prevent balls of hair forming at the end of dread ands working their way up in an ever increasing clump.

Managed to acquire a few small- medium metal sleeves, they open up and so can be squeezed/clamped onto dreads.  I've done a few to see how they go.

Any one had any beading experience to share/advice on please?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form