Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When to bead?

Rheana Hayes
@rheana-hayes
10 years ago
26 posts

I released control over my hair four days ago. It's messy, but of course not locked yet. I wanted to know when is early enough to put beads into my hair and if beading can help the locking process. For beginners is a 6mm hole too large? For now I would use just wooden beads and when the hair starts to try and swallow them, maybe break the beads off... or if the beads are constricting the locks making then thin in spots. How piece-y does my hair need to be before installing a few beads? What do I need to know before I use them?

updated by @rheana-hayes: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i put beads in on day 1 but they stayed in over 5 years if u pit them in they will thicken around the beads (not swallow them just thicken above and beliw) making them somewhat permenant with a thinner sopot where they were..it does help them dread a tin tho.. if u moive them around alot they shouldnt get stick but if u can move them they can fall out too

i tend to push them up till they get stuck and wont move so they stay in a good long time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rheana Hayes
@rheana-hayes
10 years ago
26 posts

You the man, Pop Pop. The man with all the answers. Namaste!

Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

Isn't it good to move them around, at least when washing your hair, so nothing gets stuck under the beads? If so, how do you move them around at those times while making sure they don't fall out the rest of the time? Maybe push them back up til they get stuck again after washing?

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Stick em in as soon as you can get them too stay. They size of your beads depends upon the size of your dreads. Before you start you'll want to know too....Take out any wooden beads before you shower! :)

Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

I'm not at the point yet where I can put in beads but good to know about the wood! I think when I get there I'll just avoid wood and metal.. unless I happen to find a really cool wooden one that's worth it. :)

Actually I have one dread that's starting to form enough that I think I could put a bead on but I'm just easing myself into everything (plus I don't have any beads yet anyway).

Sarah18
@cb
10 years ago
7 posts

I had no idea it was good to bead so early! Glad I read this!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form