Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Wraps

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Yesterday I successfully wrapped part of my dread for the first time. Before that it was disastrous, so I'm happy. It's only a small one, but anyway. I used the search tool, but I've always heard both, so figured I'd ask to be sure. When you wash, should you take the wrap out, or is it OK to leave it in? Should you blow dry it or will it dry on its own? I've done it tight enough that it's not loose in any way, but not so tight that it's squeezing/constricting the dread. Oh, and it's embroidery thread.

It's not zig-zagged or anything by the way, just like how people completely wrap their entire dreads, except this is a small section.

updated by @tara-c: 01/13/15 09:55:38PM
Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

Hey there! Wraps are beautiful. There is also nothing wrong with it looking "disastrous" & loopy. All depends on your liking.

You don't always have to unwrap your hair before washing; you can definitely leave em in. I used to do this all the time. I eventually took em off to wash the hair a bit better. You can do whichever you want really.

It's best to allow your hair to air dry, so it doesn't get damaged by the heat from the blow dryer. Make sure your hair is completely dry (allow 24 hrs) before rewashing.

~ Much Love to you!

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They didn't look so bad, it was mostly the actual wrapping was so fiddly and difficult that at one point I managed to wrap it all over the place lol. Thanks for the info, though, much appreciated :)

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

I'm past week 18 now (4 1/2 mos.) and had 2 wraps in for almost the whole time. (Put in like by the 2nd week I think?) I never removed them to wash and just gave them an extra squeeze when drying by towel/air.

I took one out last week just to see, and it was dreading underneath and there was nothing wrong (or smelly lol) about the hair. The hemp I used was still in very good condition, so a couple of days later, I just moved it over and wrapped a new one.

The re-new wrap is criss-crossed (my daughter helped this time), but it was originally just a wrap around with no style.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form