Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet frizzzzzzzzzz

michael stephenson
@michael-stephenson
12 years ago
1 posts

ok so my dreads are 3weeks old. i used the crochet method and crochet for the next week and a half, but stopped after joinning ths site. after washing a few tymes and removing the rubber bands ive found that i got alot of damage. alot of broking hairs a crazy frizzzz it has me feeling crappy about how it looks but jus lookn for so advice on how go from here

updated by @michael-stephenson: 01/13/15 09:21:29PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Well, the general thing is that if you crochet your dreads, it'll take them months to heal properly, and till then you'll have them looking quite frizzy. Don't feel bad about it, it's just the way it is. Everyone who's dreading has this stage where their hair is messy or crazy, just have to learn to embrace it and feel happy in the fact that it means it's on its way to getting healthier and dreading.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

throw the hook away so you dont do no more harm and getthrough it

it seems counter productive but conditioning to loosen the extreme tighteness of crochet can help speed recovery some

tho that mal=y increase the fuzziness

basicly u just gotta get through the recovery period which can rtake a goodwhile

crochet is just all around a bad idea

when u have to u can use aloe to tame the frizz aloe conditions too so might speed the recoverty

aloe shrinks as it dries so sucks in hairs ..for several hours ior a day

over use may over condituion so use only when u must

use only pure aloe with nothig else adeed at all from a plant is best

(u can add scent if u want)

do not use sunburn aloe it will dry not condition cause of the crap they add

if u get a plant make sire its aloe vera no other aloe variety as theres 1 or 2 that are toxic and cause severe skin irritation like your skins ion fire

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
§Sierra§
@sierra
12 years ago
12 posts
No worries :) just give it some time and they will fix themselves. A lot of time, but that's what I've heard. I Mage a similar mistake on a few dreads with a pencil! Instant remorse. Yours will end up fine. Dreads are an art so they don't have to be perfect :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will be extra frizzy awhile as thry recover its just the damage crochert causes but it will be better

all dreads have frizz they are loose hairs alowed to dread they cant dread to the ends of everryhair (except african hair due to the tight curls) so yiou have some lilk hairs stick out

they get better but dont go away

tho crochet makes it worse fir awhile when they start to suck in it gets better

but all dreads are frizzy early on

just accept it stop caring and when u gotta tameem use aloe

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pencil? what did u do with the opencil?

sierrathedifferentist said:

No worries :) just give it some time and they will fix themselves. A lot of time, but that's what I've heard. I Mage a similar mistake on a few dreads with a pencil! Instant remorse. Yours will end up fine. Dreads are an art so they don't have to be perfect :)

--
§Sierra§
@sierra
12 years ago
12 posts
I tried to use it as a crochet hook to fix three very large loops. Oops!

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ouch

i never understood why peope fix loops

I tried to use it as a crochet hook to fix three very large loops. Oops!

soaring eagle said:

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form