Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neeed Some help...maybe..?

WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
12 years ago
8 posts

So heres the scoop. I tried to dread my hair the first time using simple back-combing. They fell out within days. So i had the girl that did them the first time try again. Needless to say, it didn't work. I have super crazy fine hair, but a lot of it... So the third time we tried, she decided to try her new "dread maker" on my head for the first time. What it was, was basically a crochet hook that is connected to a motor that shoots the hook in and out real fast, grabbing hair, notting the SHIT out of it, and they were money right off the bat. Well now I'm about 2 or 3 months in, and I see a lot of progress, but I also don't see a lot of other things that I think I should be seeing. For example, I can see a lot of looping, and a lot of dreads that have tightened up quite a bit. A couple of the dreads have used their loose hair *appendages* and grabbed another dread and combined them. I ripped two of these apart, and left one of them. I'm going to upload a couple of photos on here, and also added a couple to my "profile" area.. If i could get some feedback as to the progress of my lil dreadies, it would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Much love my dread family, and thanks in advance!!!

Your friend,

Brandon

Also... I shampoo approx 2 or 3 times a week using the locking up shampoo (that shit is sumthin else, amazing smell, amazing to see how wild my dreadies look after a shampoo) and use a sea salt spray daily in the morning. And just started to use the locking up gel that was just released :)

updated by @wildhyzer: 01/13/15 09:20:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow when we saw that thing we had a good laugh

i cant believe anyone actually bought it let alone used it!

i dunno what to tell ya

i would have gone natural never rebackcomb

or use twist and rip

what you have i dunno its a mangled mess

if she wasnt a freind id say sue her

and id sue the company that made that device

i think shes the only 1 thats ever bought 1 i hope

then again some salons might hagha

umm

what to do

geez

how far are u in?

they probly will dread but not well

combing em out id be scared to see what condition they are in

your fine hair might be ..well barely any hair at all

you gotta understand in the most skilled hand crochets extreme destruction

a tool that acts like a sewing machine will shread the hair to peices

if u pull 1 do u hear a ripping sound? (be gentle so u dont lose it)

options

comb out hope for the best start over natural or tnr

continue and when the healthy new growth grows in and dreads let the ends fall off

same as 2 but snip off the mangled ends

recommend she throw that damn thing away or send it back for a refund

its a torture device

sorry we thought it was comical when we saw it but we never in a million years expected to see someone actually use it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
12 years ago
8 posts

well thanks for being honest, but the comedy was unecesarry.

anyhow, i guess ill just go with it, see what happens in the next few months. If all else fails, I'm still young, maybe ill just shave it all off and start completely over. would be a shame if i had to do that tho...

take care

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Whatever that sewing machine-ish thing was used on your hair...that sounds terrifying. You should've just left them alone after backcombing, it's fine if they fall apart, they dread again. I mean, they do look to me like they're dreading, but SE is the expert on these things.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the comedy was 2 years ago whenwe 1st saw u[it its in the tragecly humerouse section of the forums we really never expected anyone to actualy think it wasa good idea!

we are surely not laughing now we feekl your pain

they will dread at least the roots they will be pretty messy by any standards cause they weee kinda mangled

be gentle with em when seperating

keep em well seperated and in 6 months the roots will be dreading fine

if thats salvagable then yoyr good well u]i mean the roots if thats all thats salvagable your good

i wouldnt cut and start over or your going to be growing it a year

i dunno your situation if u can get away with this or nit but it might be your best option that just popped to mind

do hair wraps i]on each and very one of em

that will help control em and encourage the roots to dread well

tame the craziness

start at an inch from the roots maybe

should suport em so they dont break too

at least thats what my instinct suggests

--
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
12 years ago
8 posts

Thank you for all of your input Eagle, I really appreciate it!

I have a question about the "wraps" Should I wrap them with hemp? or something else...?

The base of most of them feel like they are kind of rolling together. There are a LOT of loose hairs, but some of them are starting to clump and stay together. Is that where everything starts?

Bought a tam. Have no worries about any kind of appearance issue for work, so whatever is clever. I've got over the looks that I get consistently throughout any given day. Makes me laugh now :)

Much love

B

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hemp would last longest but embroidery threds more decorative tho falls apart in a couple months tho a couple months might be eniough

--
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
12 years ago
8 posts

To report back, i ended up wrapping every single one like you said. Just want to be sure I did them right. My girl spent 4 hours wrapping em up and applying some locking up gel in the process. So far only one of them has fallen off, and it was one of the smallest wraps. Thanks in advance for your input :)

Much Love

Brandon

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the sections look pretty huge and wasnt the type wrapping i meant tho it should work still

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form