Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so many strays!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Mine looks like that too and I've never crocheted.... mine are only a week old tho, I guess it's normal.

updated by @circle-dancer: 07/23/15 07:20:27AM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Do you still have your dreads? How are they now? I always thought loose hair was pretty normal. Although it bugs me and I wrap it occasionally around the nearest dread (where it may nor may not end up eventually).
Katelyn
@katelyn
12 years ago
13 posts

I assume you are asking if I still have my dreads? I do. Almost at the one year mark.. and they are as ridiculous as ever. Strays everywhere.. I havent been spraying with salt water, because frankly, i'm lazy. I tend to just twist the strays around the closest dread as well. it doesnt stay long but it does the trick for a short while. when they are really bothering me, i will just wear my dreads in a french bread or pulled back (with or without a headband)

edit- looking back at pictures from the last few months It looks like they have tamed down more with time... but i guess some amount of stray hairs is normal?

updated by @katelyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
They look awesome! Yes I had wondered because I don't see any updates since October. Your oct picture looked pretty normal to me. I wondered if your stray hair ended up becoming more dreads or joining the existing ones.
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

the strays will create new baby dreads or will get long enough to get eaten by dreads close by. i kind of like strays though because it softens the look and looks more natural.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

totally normal

Mine are 5 years old, and there are still a strays around my temple especially. It's a natural and ongoing process. Most of them will eventually lock up or get sucked into other locks, but be prepared to always have some strays. They are the end result of nappy hair that you don't maintain

Ashley F
@ashley-f
12 years ago
5 posts
If you're too 'lazy' for saltwater than you probably won't want to sew them. Plus if they're prety solid now that might cause more damage. :) But if you're ever wanting to get fancied up for a special occasion, use a tapestry needle (not a super sharp pointed one that will damage your hair) and loop-and-through bunches of little flyaways around and inside the dread you want it to merge with. Like I said if your dreads are solid this would probably damage them, but if you have softies and are careful I don't see why not. It can be very time consuming but helps tame some of the frizz if you're real OCD about it.

Your hair is definitely evolving! :) Lookin good!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

bad ides! sewing your dreads>? nooo dont do that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

Dr. Bronner's probably has way too much oil in it for your fine hair...have you tried the baking soda/acv for cleansing yet? (sorry faithful users, but dr bronner's is superfatted, and tends to undo lots of dreads, especially newer locs)

Shelly

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

thats only true in hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus