dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting from new

Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

Hi,

I have decided to comb out my dreads which were made by crochet and had extension. There felt fake and it did not feel right! On top of that my scalp was screaming to be free from this dreads that were too tight. I knew that I lot of my hair would be damaged and fall off but I prefered to comb them out and start from new. There were a lot of added hair in my dreads even mixted with my own hair so maybe that helped protect a bit my hair. It was hard for me to see which of the hair I took out by combing was mine. Anyways, the result is not to bad. My hair is more thin but it looks still healthy. (see picture)

Now I am going the neglect way and I am super excited about that. I want to grow old with my dreads. I have a few questions ;

are they long enouph to dread?

All I do know is wash and not comb?

Since I used a lot of conditioner to comb them out, should I wait a bit to start the neglect way?

Thank you :)

20150726_094912.jpg
20150726_094912.jpg  •  2.6MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

its long enough except maybe the front

a clarifyingshampoo willstrip the conditioners and residues

when its dreading you willwant to seperate so they dont form too big or join together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

Hi SE,

his Dr. Booner good?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if you dont have hard water andu dilute it, its not going to strip the residues

the bicarb/acv might  or a anti residueor clarifying shampoo

but just scrubbing well with bronners  then maybe doing a sea salt soak  wait a lil while then rinse  will be good enough

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

ok, thanks!  I'm happy I decided to start from new and going natural :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it was a good choice

i had your photo up on my screen when someone walked into the room and just said ...oh my...

she has a freind who crochets and looked bad but not as bad and your picture convinced her to try to talk to her freind about it

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

oooh  what picture?  Well, at lease I can be used as an exemple of bad experience with crochet! My head is a donation to the science of dreadlocks ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

haha yea it was 1 in your gallery with all the scalp

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

Oh yeah, those were horrible!! I allow you to use them as references.  

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form