Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any polyamorous dreadies?

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

Just curious if anyone is polyamorous or polygamous? I'm not talking about you talked your girlfriend into having a threesome for your birthday, I mean real relationships or at least wanting one. I've been curious about it, but don't know any.

updated by @niesje-sigrid: 11/11/15 03:12:36PM
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hello Niesje, I have seen and known stories about men having 2 wives, but still livesharmoniouslywith both of the wives living with him. But personally, I haven't tried that yet. May I know the reason why are you curious about it?

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

I'm curious about everything I don't know :)

Larra Juab said:

Hello Niesje, I have seen and known stories about men having 2 wives, but still livesharmoniouslywith both of the wives living with him. But personally, I haven't tried that yet. May I know the reason why are you curious about it?

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

I am for polygamy, polyamory not so much, because that is a much harder connection. And in our sex crazed world that line would be crossed with swingers more so than true relationships. I have no problem with it and support it, as long as it is a committed relationship. The basic idea is not to just have many but having care for others and being able to sustain a bigger family, and to lower the risk of divorce. I'm not all about the threesome idea as my reason to support polygamy, I just know that I find different women engaging, not just sexually, it is about being a more complete person

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

Are you in a polygamist relationship now or have you been in the past? I was wondering are you for the women being in a relationship with each other as well, or each of them just with the same man?

Mike Gentry said:

I am for polygamy, polyamory not so much, because that is a much harder connection. And in our sex crazed world that line would be crossed with swingers more so than true relationships. I have no problem with it and support it, as long as it is a committed relationship. The basic idea is not to just have many but having care for others and being able to sustain a bigger family, and to lower the risk of divorce. I'm not all about the threesome idea as my reason to support polygamy, I just know that I find different women engaging, not just sexually, it is about being a more complete person

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Back in my dating days I would date two girls at one time, but they did not have a relationship together. In truth a threeway relationship is a pot of trouble waiting to happen!Most people can't sustain that. I have not been in a married relationship like that.

In a sense you are a blended family but all parents are living together. In other cultures the wives have separate homes. And a man cannot marry unless he can provide equally for both. It isn't the harem idea I like, I like the relationship thing. To me being able to invest in two wives, maybe three, stops the need for infidelity, my emotional, physical and spiritual needs can all be met. It is taking a step away from sex and looking at holistic needs of individuals . The sister wives can have an intimacy they lack with the husband or a normal husband. They can have close loving bonds, almost as close as lovers can be. It isn't perfect but it does add depth.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

lol i had a boyfriend that wanted me to be his 'party girl' while some other bitch would be the mother of his children. no way, fucker. when i first started talking to him as a friend, he asked me if i was cool with polygamy and i said 'HELL NO"<direct quote. and then we started dating and he made it seem as if he only wanted me...turns out he was trying to knock his ex up...while we were dating. the relationship endedwhen he brought up someone else having his babys and that i should be cool with that. and then found out he was cheating on me.so i booted his polygamist ass.

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Umm yeah that isn't polygamy. That is just cheating. Polygamy is a relationship, marriage, where each person consents. Each woman has the right to bear children, and there is no infidelity. It is not an excuse to have sex with different girls. If he was truly polygamist then you would have met her, and you guys would have talked about terms of the relationship, who was going to conceive first etc. That is like saying a man cheating on his wife is practicing polygamy, doesn't work that way

KnotLady said:

lol i had a boyfriend that wanted me to be his 'party girl' while some other bitch would be the mother of his children. no way, fucker. when i first started talking to him as a friend, he asked me if i was cool with polygamy and i said 'HELL NO"<direct quote. and then we started dating and he made it seem as if he only wanted me...turns out he was trying to knock his ex up...while we were dating. the relationship endedwhen he brought up someone else having his babys and that i should be cool with that. and then found out he was cheating on me.so i booted his polygamist ass.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i did say that he mentioned it to me and i wasnt saying that we were in a polygamist relationship. i said he wanted one and then i guess was going to talk me into it eventually. he was being dishonest. i dont feel you read my response well. i wasnt saying that 'cheating' and choosing that lifestyle was the same thing.

and really? i dont think there is a difference between "ooh im all emotionally involved with two girls so that makes it ok" and " im screwing two girls". the only difference in a polygamist relationsips is everyone is aware of it.

Mike Gentry said:

Umm yeah that isn't polygamy. That is just cheating. Polygamy is a relationship, marriage, where each person consents. Each woman has the right to bear children, and there is no infidelity. It is not an excuse to have sex with different girls. If he was truly polygamist then you would have met her, and you guys would have talked about terms of the relationship, who was going to conceive first etc. That is like saying a man cheating on his wife is practicing polygamy, doesn't work that way

KnotLady said:

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

Wow, It's not cool without consent in my opinion. Everyone wants something different and that's ok, as in if some couple wants to add another woman to their relationship. But if one person wants it and the other doesn't, then you go and cheat? I've heard of some guys doing that and saying it was ok cuz he's a polygamist, but his wife/girlfriend should be polygamist too or else he's just a cheater. I'm interested in learning about the family aspect, like that show Sister Wives. I just don't want to do my research on random TV shows I find on Netflix, you know what I mean? I just thought it would be cool if I found actual people living this lifestyle and asked questions. Apparently that leads some people to tell me that I have a warped mind and need help. But whatever. I'm always learning about other people and cultures and religions and I hope I never stop learning. Thanks for the input, you guys :)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form