Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Water Fasting? Has anyone tried this?

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Woow, that is awesome. You made it as a part of your lifestyle! Cheers for you Ms. Sussi :D and I will check out the video today. Thank you so much for your advice.

Sussi said:

I think three days on water should be fine. I fast two days every week and on those days I only drink water. Sundays and Wednesdays I don't eat anything and my body always feels very calm even if I'm hungry for the first hours. I fast because I believe that it's healthy. There's a BBC documentary called Eat, Fast andLive Longer, watch it here: http://www.documentarytube.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer-bbc-horizon... if you are interested in fasting.

updated by @larra-juab: 07/22/15 11:57:22AM
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Yes, I will becareful and be observant about my body's reaction if I will fast. Thank you so much for you lovely advice :)

Leanne said:

From personal experience, I would say be careful. I believe fasting is healthy, but 3 days is a long time to gowithout nurishment. Listen to your body, if you get faint, dizzy, sweaty, irregular heart beat,confussion, anxiety,etc. it's probably time to eat. As long as youlisten to your body you will be fine.Your dedication is admirable! Good luck to you.

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Yes, I understand what you mean. I have read those stuffs in the internet that 1 day is safe but more than that is not that safe anymore, but I would still try my best to last more than 1 day. But if ever I will feel uncomfortable about it, I will then stop directly. Thank you so much for the advice :)

ToTheAnkles! said:

Fasting for short periods (16-24 hours) has all kinds of benefits (protecting brain from alzheimer, slowing cancer growth and better nutrient partitioning) but fasting for longer then that is very bad. It's not going to kill you, but there's healthier things you can do.
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

I'm the odd one here. Water fasting and juice fasting are both great. Everyone is always concerned about eating enough water content etc. If you have the means and money fluoride free distilled water is best. But if not then cold water, or warm water is fine. I juice fast every three weeks, or water fast for a week. I could go longer, it just reachers a point where life and fasting do not always work. Day three is always the hardest to push through for me.

I would encourage anyone to do it, just remember your activity needs to decrease, A lot of people think the feeling faint lightheaded etc is a bad thing and is a HUGE sign you need to eat. But it is also a sign of your body purging toxins and healing itself. Listen to your body but also listen to the why is your body doing what it is doing. If you are fasting for spiritual reasons you will get physical benefits. If you are fasting for physical reasons you will get Spiritual benefits. But the reason will determine your will power, and focus.

Personally I find juice fasting the hardest as you are touching food, cutting it, looking at it, then drinking flavor. Water fasting is easy for me

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Woow, thanks for the info :D When I have done my water fasting, I couldn't go on for more than 24 hours because I feel really weak and I was having headaches. So I ate :( Cause I thought my body couldn't do it. But really, thank you soo much for the information :D

Mike Gentry said:

I'm the odd one here. Water fasting and juice fasting are both great. Everyone is always concerned about eating enough water content etc. If you have the means and money fluoride free distilled water is best. But if not then cold water, or warm water is fine. I juice fast every three weeks, or water fast for a week. I could go longer, it just reachers a point where life and fasting do not always work. Day three is always the hardest to push through for me.

I would encourage anyone to do it, just remember your activity needs to decrease, A lot of people think the feeling faint lightheaded etc is a bad thing and is a HUGE sign you need to eat. But it is also a sign of your body purging toxins and healing itself. Listen to your body but also listen to the why is your body doing what it is doing. If you are fasting for spiritual reasons you will get physical benefits. If you are fasting for physical reasons you will get Spiritual benefits. But the reason will determine your will power, and focus.

Personally I find juice fasting the hardest as you are touching food, cutting it, looking at it, then drinking flavor. Water fasting is easy for me

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
@DanielleYes, there's even a number of studies that show rats (well, they're kinda similar to humans...) that fasted for 24hrs every other day lived much longer while eating twice as much on their feeding days then rats fed normally (so they both ate similar amounts of food). They were also more resistant to alzheimers, cancer and a few other diseases.There's a whole book on the subject of fasting once per week, Eat Stop Eat. I don't have it because it doesn't interest me (only frequent fasting) so I can't say it's any good. But that might have more information on fasting only once a week.@MikeThat's a load of crap. Feeling lightheaded means your brain is running on less glucose. After the initial period of haziness you will feel much better because of the switch to ketones (fat) for fuel rather then glucose.Fasting doesn't get rid of toxins any faster then normal. Simply avoiding toxins is enough, and eating will actually help get rid of toxins faster. The benefits of fasting are from giving the body rest from digesting food all day, increasing cell turnover, increasing insulin sensitivity and a number of "mystery" effects that all seem to reduce inflammation. And most toxins will take a very long time to get rid of. Mercury can stay stuck in the brain for a long long time. All you can do is avoid it and be happy and mercury free 50 years later.Your body can go without food for a really long time, depending on how...ahem...full you are. But it isn't healthy to push the envelope more then necessary. After roughly 48 hours protein losses start to pile up and this comes from muscle. Longer caloric deficiencies like fasting (and of course, crash dieting) are extremely bad for the heart (it's a muscle, and also where the protein comes from during starvation).
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

@ TotheAnkles....

I must say thank you for your politeness of differing opinions. Let me guess you think medicine is good for us to? Western medicine, sport science ( which your response is based off of) etc do not validate Eastern things. Yes fasting is a caloric deficit, the point is to purge the body. Fad diets are bad for your heart not because of the fasting but the binging done afterwards. The heart is a different muscle when in caloric deficit the body eats at fatty muscle first, then the fat. There is nothing wrong with ketosis. If you read medical journals you would see that it is the rise in Non_Alcoholic Fatty Liver that has scientist concerned. But like Marijuana, they look at one side. Fasting, not the processed foods, and high fat and sodium diet. Which are all linked to NAFL and other auto immune diseases.

I let my wife, a who has her masters in CNS, read this, called my Physicians Assistant friend. two doctor friends, and a friend in med school. Fasting is not as bad as you think Most people fight cancer better with weeks of fasting, juice fasting and clean eating than chemo( which is a poison)

Your body can go a long time without food, it doesn't matter how full you are it matters how much fat is there. That is what is is there for. A 250lb 5' 6" male can last longer than a 135 5 '6" male with out damaging his body, in fact his body would benefit.

Toxin, define toxin. Mercury, yeah different story. However junk piled up from processed foods etc. all have an effect.

Fasting can help rid food addictions, lower high blood pressure, high cholesterol, restore liver function, kidney function, lower triglycerides, to name a few things.

I speak from personal experience. After back and knee surgery weight gain etc, I was at high risk for diabetes and heart attack. After consulting many doctors who have both eastern and western ideologies and Japanese doctors, I started fasting. Three years following American belief I needed to be medicated, Following fasting in 12 months all my levels are perfect and within range of a healthy person.

So while you are partly correct you might want to look into medical claims before you make them. Medical Journals actually support fasting for limited times, but then again Western Medicine stays away from cures, they like to stick within the legal limits set by the FDA to treat disease but not cure. But all that doesn't matter because we will believe what we all want to believe but I kindly ask that you be kind, I am amazed how the curtness of dreads, who, having facing such .... I will leave it alone.

Sirick
@sirick
11 years ago
26 posts

I'm curious, what is the point of juice or water fasting?

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Well, that varies from person to person :) For example, I did water fasting because I wanted to do a spiritual and physical cleansing. Some people though, do fasting for medical purposes - like not eating anything for 8 hours before doing a diagnostic tests and etc. Some people also do it for dietary purposes, to slim their bodies down. So there are many different points of why people do water/juice fasting :) (Well, this is only my opinion)

Sirick said:

I'm curious, what is the point of juice or water fasting?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form