Dreadlocks Forums

mama cloth and menstrual cups!

Mindy
@mindy
12 years ago
12 posts

Hahaha I love it!

Star Gryphon said:

Thank you for the info Mindy! I've been talking about making my own pads recently because we are FINALLY going to be using cloth for my daughter. My grandma made a good portion of the ones I have and I'm sure she has left over materials! I told my mom that if my daughter gets cloth then so do I! It's not as gross as a poopy diaper to me! I wouldn't free bleed as often if I also made my own light day pads. My vagina likes to breathe! The plastic and chemicals in the pads make it sad.

Haha. We all should agree that a happy vagina is the best kind!

updated by @mindy: 07/16/15 11:15:20AM
Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
yes they are flannel for now and are meant to be a trial for women to try them i will be purchasing higher end mateirials at the end of the month im kinda broke untill tje.
Autumn2
@autumn2
12 years ago
18 posts

Personally, I tried the DivaCup for an extended time and I didn't like it. But I super <3 my GladRags, which are a washable, non-disposable flannel pad. Super comfie, super clean, super no more rash from questionable materials in trashy disposables. It's just so much better this way! :P

Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
see, there is nothing wrong with flannel pads. im just a girl with a good crafty hand trying to suppliment my income doingsomething i enjoy. will sell almost at cost will do customs :) i will send samples if anyone is interested :)
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Wow. Thanks for answering my question! And I have enjoyed reading the info about using cloth... I'm definitely going to be giving these methods a try!
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

i also cloth diaper. i have never liked pads though so i haven't considered mama cloth. i do use a cup though, and I love it!

Mindy
@mindy
11 years ago
12 posts

There's no dripping feeling, it's like a tampon but sits right under the uterus to catch things rather than absorbing the natural moisture like a tampon does. The most important thing is getting the right kind for your shape/size - a lot of people just order Diva cups because they're so easy to get, but no brand is really one size fits all. There's a whole channel on youtube about measuring yourself and how to pick the right one so you can get the proper suction etc. Cups also have no risk of TSS.

Hillmom (Wendy)
@hillmom-wendy
11 years ago
12 posts
I have a moon cup, but it doesn't fit me right and I've had leaks. Currently I'm not in need of one (nursing my 5 month old and my cycle typically doesn't return till over 15 months post partum). I need to find a different one. I was also given some cloth liners. I have all the stuff to make mama cloth (since I make cloth diapers), I just haven't gotten that far...
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

What Mindy said. I personally use a Diva Cup and it fits me well. but not all women feel the same. there a lots of cups, just like there are lots of tampons. you just gotta weed through and find what works best for you.

NancyReyes
@nancyreyes
8 years ago
1 posts
A menstrual cup is more discreet than a sanitary napkin and can take up to twice as much more fluid than an ordinary tampon without changing or risk of leakage. There are different kinds of menstrual cups that are available in the market right now. There are the soft, flexible and disposable kinds. Menstrual cup way more comfortable than a tampon but it could be trickier to empty during work. There is a bit of a learning curve to using a menstrual cup in my experience, but I think it's well worth it. For more details view http://www.cupissima.com .
updated by @nancyreyes: 03/14/16 03:40:56AM

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form