dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks + The Hardcore Modification Community

Zephyr Elf
@zephyr-elf
13 years ago
7 posts

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that alternative living in a large part of people's lives here, especially that of the 'modification' community :)

I'm curious as to who has what on this site!

My modifications ties in quite closely to my lifestyle- as does my hair! I'd love to hear your experiences + stories and see pictures of your modifications, if you'd like to share them :)

This is my most recent addition, as a part of my coming of age ritual for my 21st birthday- I had my tongue surgically split! :D

updated by @zephyr-elf: 02/14/15 03:49:11AM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

Ouch! I used to have a lot more when I was younger, but want more now. I got my first tattoo at the age of 16 and from there it took off. I shortly after had my belly done (was done badly tho) then my eyebrow then I got introduced into the world of surface piercings with a wrist piercing that I loved, but worked in a factory and it ended up growing out quickly. I live in a small area where a lot of surface piercings are not done so did not get anymore till I dated a guy who practiced on me and a lot of mine when bad but from him I got a horizontal eyebrow, an anti-eyebrow (which is my fave piercing EVER and lost it during my job at a factory :() Monroe, that something went very badly with and i ended up with half my face swollen so I took it out, didn't suit me well anywho, my nostril done twice, had one on my lip (below the belt) had my labret and lip done. I had my industrial done (imo the most painful) but since I used a lot of gunk in my hair it wasn't healing well. I am pretty bare at the moment tho, I have my ears stretched to OO, my lip, my rook, my daith, (want a conch, and tragus badly), my nipples were done twice (1st time done in a shop were crooked as ever 2nd time by friend and they have stayed), I had my tongue done but never put it back in after giving birth to my daughter. I also have a frog on my collar bone, the 1st tattoo at 16 was a frog on my back, frog crawling up my left legs calf, a "gothic" russian butterfly on my hip, a bomb-omb on the inside of my right knee, my sons name and ribbon/4 leaf clovers on me left wrist, a voodoo doll on my right forearm that is the start of my sleeve, a silhouette of a frog on my right foot.

I plan on getting conch, tragus, a surface on a toe this summer, my anti eyebrow (or egypt eyes depending). My little sister draws tattoos so, I have a heart w/ skulls with all my childrens names on them that will look like a patch sewn onto the arm w/ the voodoo doll, I have a ripped apart teddy bear, a tore up doll, and a female voodoo doll for that arm as well, I have a phoenix with some ani difranco lyrics for my other foot, "player 2" done in mario stuff for my left outer arm (husband getting player 1) and a weeping willow I'm getting in my cleavage...now to find the time and money to get them all done! ;) I am also dying to get my septum done but as incentive will not do so until I lose some of the weight I've put on from having my daughter.....

Now that I've rambled and rambled (just woke up no coffee yet) I hope I've not bored you! I love your dreads and your mods, and wish I could pull off the hair style you have! My 6 year old keeps telling me mommy should get a mohawk like him ;)

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Tattoos and piercing are such an amazing form of self expression. I had my tongue pierced when I was 16, I'm mostly into tattoos now, just got some fresh ink this morning. I want a vertical labret piercing soon though too. :o)
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
13 years ago
17 posts
i just took out my vertical labret of 7 years. i miss it so much!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
aww why did you take it out?? I didn't even realize that piercing had been around for 7 years lol! i thought it was relatively new :o)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I love the vertical labret, and have actually been considering getting one since my reg labret I did myself damaged my teeth a bit and I had to take it out :(
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
13 years ago
17 posts

i took it out because i got a new job that required taking it out during working hours, i left it out for a few days, and it hurt very badly to put it back in and then keep taking it out every night after that... i couldnt give it time to heal.

i think its gaining popularity, when i got mine done the piercer didnt know the name of it. i think its the best facial piercing for a woman, so feminine....

and yeah shanxon- i had a bad habit of biting on mine and ended up chipping my front tooth because of it.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
yeah, i wore the top of my bottom teeth down by doing that and then scraped a buncha enamel of the front of them so the vertical is def the way to go for me!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
from what I understand it was originally a labret piercing done by an inexperienced piercer in the wrong way! She messed up the placement and to avoid the embarrassment called it a vertical labret! LOL!
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

Hmmm. Three tattoos and twelve piercings.

Tattoos:
T-tetrimino: addicted to the game tetris, and my brother adn I were gamers as kids. We spent all day playing it together. It's for him.

Panda's pawprint: Represents the kind of person I am, and also I'm pretty sure that it's my spirit animal if i were to have one.

Eudaimonia: The philosophy of aristotle that I have in honor of my father.

Piercings:
Triple industrial

Triple helix

two basic sets.

Nipple piercings

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form