Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

modern primitives, returning to a living with nature lifestyle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
since the discovery of fire and the earliest advances in society mankind has slowly drifted from a natural evolution towards a more unatural need to conquer the very environment that once sustained us. our diets, how we care for illnesses and how we handle the weather around us have very quickly stopped our evolution to the point where we cannot easily survive without 4 walls air conditioning and food provided without much effort.the soil itself which was the source of life now is something we must wash off constantly to avoid disease, the water we drank now must be purified or have addatives to be drinkable and half the food ingredients seem more like a bizzarre chemistry experiment then anything that would be naturaly edible.this is the modern world we grow to accept as progresshoweverthere is a strong movement to reject all the entrapments of modern society and live more in harmony with the earthin every country many have chosen to give up theyre houses in favor of tipis or yurtshave chosen to unplug and live without plumbing electric phones computers and all the modern conveiniencesliving in harmony with the surroundings instesad of trying to conquer it they develop a deep reverence and respect for the nature around them even a spiritual bondif anyones interested in tipi or yurt construction i should have some designs for both

crow style tipi

sioux style tipi

basic yurt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 03/11/17 08:58:39AM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I stayed in an amazing yurt in Asheville on my honeymoon. We were set on building one for a long time until we discovered this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm .We are looking for some acreage in PA and scouring the UCC code books to make sure we can get permits. Its unbeliveably affordable since there are no utilities and the total building cost including land and taxes would be less than $1000 per month. I'll keep you updated on the progress. I plan on documenting it so people can learn from our mistakes and successes if they want to try it out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
wowthats so coolhad to bookmark it to show my sisshe found some land shed love to build something like that on

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
The initial modern primitive movement leaned more towards accepting technology and our modern advances while also keeping a balance with nature and our primitive instincts. I don't think it was ever about throwing away all modern luxuries.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
especially not when you can run your fridge on geothermal systmems!And composting toilets are the coolest because you can give it back to the soil without crapping outside in the snow!lol Puppy said:
The initial modern primitive movement leaned more towards accepting technology and our modern advances while also keeping a balance with nature and our primitive instincts. I don't think it was ever about throwing away all modern luxuries.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
O_OGeothermal fridge? Got a link? Didjeridurian said:
especially not when you can run your fridge on geothermal systmems!
And composting toilets are the coolest because you can give it back to the soil without crapping outside in the snow!lol

Puppy said:
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
And i'd love to live in a yurt.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the geothermal fridge is in the wood house he postedcomposting tiolets only make sense when u think abolut life at its basics our only purposes in life are to shit and die, in otherwords to compost to feed the soil so plants can grow so future generations can eat shit anddie to cary on the cycle.. we remove millions of tons of shit from the cycle (and presserve our bodies so they dont rot fast enough) and is it any wonder theres no topsoil left and we gotta rely on chemicakl fertalizers?

--
Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
15 years ago
55 posts
looks like the house from lord of the rings lol Didjeridurian said:
I stayed in an amazing yurt in Asheville on my honeymoon. We were set on building one for a long time until we discovered this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm .

We are looking for some acreage in PA and scouring the UCC code books to make sure we can get permits. Its unbeliveably affordable since there are no utilities and the total building cost including land and taxes would be less than $1000 per month. I'll keep you updated on the progress. I plan on documenting it so people can learn from our mistakes and successes if they want to try it out.
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
That house is amazing! I'd love to build and live in something like that Didjeridurian said:
I stayed in an amazing yurt in Asheville on my honeymoon. We were set on building one for a long time until we discovered this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm .

We are looking for some acreage in PA and scouring the UCC code books to make sure we can get permits. Its unbeliveably affordable since there are no utilities and the total building cost including land and taxes would be less than $1000 per month. I'll keep you updated on the progress. I plan on documenting it so people can learn from our mistakes and successes if they want to try it out.
 / 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form