dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2019 rainbow gathering wisconsin whos going? here are directions

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

Howdy Folks!
We, who are brothers & sisters, children of spirit, families of life on earth, friends of nature & of all people, children of humankind calling ourselves the rainbow gathering, humbly invite:
All races, peoples, tribes, communes, men, women, children, individuals -- out of love.
All nations & national leaders -- out of respect
All religions & religious leaders -- out of faith
All politicians -- out of charity
to join with us in gathering together for the purpose of expressing our sincere desire that there shall be peace on earth, harmony among all people. & to hold open worship, prayer, chanting or whatever is the want or desire of the people, for three days, but upon the fourth day of July at noon to ask that there be a meditative, contemplative silence wherein we, the invited people of the world may consider & give honor & respect to anyone or anything that has aided in the positive evolution of humankind & nature upon this, our most beloved & beautiful world -- asking blessing upon we people of this world & hope that we people can effectively proceed to evolve, expand, & live in harmony & peace.

Feel free to arrive a few weeks early to create the gathering and/or stay a few weeks late to clean it all up. Please be respectful of the First Nations' land, culture, and spirituality.

RAP 107 Gathering Consciousness

Please protect this Beautiful Land. Walk softly. Harm no living thing. Harmonize - Blend in. Use only down, dead wood. Cut no living trees. Preserve the Meadows...camp in the Woods. We are caretakers of this land. Everyone sharing makes a strong Human Tribe!

Please Protect the Water Sources by staying out of DELICATE spring areas. Avoid camping, peeing, washing above spring areas. Keep ALL soap out of streams, springs or the creek (even biodegradable soap)! Use a bucket to take your bath 60 feet away from the water source. To be certain of drinking water: boil it! Use the slit trenches or covered latrines - cover your paper & waste with ashes or lime, wash hands. Break the fly/illness connection: shit-fly-food-you! Dig no shitters near water areas or kitchens.

Protect our Health! Use your own cup, bowl & spoon! Wash them after eating and rinse in bleach-water. Visit C.A.L.M./M.A.S.H. if you feel ill - especially if you have a contagious disease - or are injured. Camp Together - Establish neighborhoods. Community Fires only! ~ Each with 5 gallon water bucket and shovel for Fire Protection. If you are the last to leave a fire PUT IT OUT! Watch your gear: Be Responsible ~ "Tempt Not Lest Ye Be Lifted From." Pets are discouraged but if you must bring them keep them fed, on a leash and out of the kitchens, springs & fights. Clean up their poop. Love them.

!!! PACK IT IN - PACK IT OUT !!!

Cleanup begins when you arrive. Bring in only what is necessary. There is no janitor here...you are the cleanup crew. Separate garbage for recycling. Don't litter - Find collection point. Compost in pits only.

You are the Gathering! Participate in Shanti Sena, the peace keepers council, and all activities, councils, work crews, workshops. Volunteer wherever needed: kitchens, welcome home, firewatch, parking lot, shitter digging, supply, front gate, etc. R-E-S-P-E-C-T your siblings’ different energies. Keep the Balance: Earth, Sky, Trees, Water & People!

Alcohol is Discouraged, Guns are Inappropriate, Violence is contrary to the Spirit. Please take no photographs or videos of people without permission. Discourage Drug Abuse.

Buying and selling endangers our legal right to be here. The Magic Hat is our Bank, donate early to fund our Needs. The Magic Hat goes around at mealtime circles and with the Magic Hat Band.

This is a 100% free event. Food is free, medical care is free, parking is free. No admission fee ever!

Site Specific Information

Parking will be along a 4 mile road. Please park with all four tires off the road. There will be multiple gates into the gathering along the road. Make sure you know which gate you entered. Make sure you follow all the parking advice family shares. There is no bus village, but there are a some pullouts where 5-6 buses can park. Please do not try to access Handicamp parking if you do not have a placard.

Some lakes will be used for drinking water. Please keep yourself and your pets out of our drinking-water-lakes. Other lakes will be available for swimming. Giardia or beaver fever may be present in the lakes.

We should be @ approximately 1,100 ft elevation.

Bring solar showers, flotation devices like rafts, RAIN GEAR, jugs of drinking water. Bring personal water filters. Check yourself, your family, and your pets for ticks daily.

BE PREPARED FOR RAIN!

DRINKING WATER: Bring at least a few gallons of drinking water per person. Save your jugs for reuse and refill. Bring person water filters.

Directions
From Duluth, Minnesota, take US-53 S to US-2 E to Iron River, Wisconsin (42 miles). From Iron River, Wisconsin, take Road “A” south 8.5 miles. Turn left on Halfway Road (Forest Service Road 231). Continue 2 miles. Turn left on Musky Lake Road (Forest Service Road 411). Continue 1 mile. Turn left on Canned Hook Road (Forest Service Road 412). Look for parking options within the next three miles. Park with all four tires off the road. Duluth, Minnesota will be the closet major transportation hub.

I've created a printer-friendly PDF of the directions that you can access here.

Updates

Please check my blog for the next couple of weeks for updated information on parking, water, and other topics. You can also check the light line for updated directions and other critical information @ 651-356-8842. Logistics often changes in the first couple of weeks after spring council/circle/counsel reaches a consensus. If you lose this email, Google "Karin's 2019 Rainbow Gathering Blog" and it will come up.

Please copy and share this information freely.
Ignore all rumors of cancellation or organization

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

I would absolutely love to go to a Rainbow Gathering. It sounds amazing.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
This year my baby is still too little, but next year I could probably get there! I have a friend from Wisconsin, I'm going to suggest he go, he'd love it and he's good people
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

Peaceful_Passer: This year my baby is still too little, but next year I could probably get there! I have a friend from Wisconsin, I'm going to suggest he go, he'd love it and he's good people
no baby is too young

mommas actualy give birth there  all the time and you  always see mommas carrying the tiniest newborns around

you do hear a lil moaning in the woods from time to time haha (and a dozen or 2 weddings) so ive met peole conceived at 1 fgathering born at another and attended every gathering from birth on

just a couple weeks ago i reconnected with someone whos birthig i witnessed..sorta. from outside the tent but helped her before going in, afterwards she made placenta ganja stew to share the birth with everyone (being vegatarin i could stomach tit)

and another i reconnected with last year that i found out i named her child without knowinit

*(when i 1st saw hershe was sitting in the sun, 8 months pregnant naked and literally covered with butteries, maybe 50 or more  all over her

her daughter is sunshine butterfly meadow hope (forget  last name)

i'll be heklping run kiddie calm the health center for the kids

you'll b fine bringing all your kids of all ages

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
I hear what you're saying, im not opposed to bringing my babies but the bigs cant go yet and honestly my youngest barely sleeps as it lol... logistical nightmares with a fussy young one.

I had 3 of my 5 at home, it is a beautiful experience, I'd have to be there to be able to imagine giving birth there... Maybe if it was very secluded!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

its your choice theres often a birthing center set up relativly close to calm, where all the herbalists and heaklers are or sometimes out on an island  the 1 that i was talking about was literaly a tent on main trail near trade circle.. can't get ant y more "downtown" then that  it was a relativly quiet nearly painless 1  but everyone nearby celebrated

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

im leaving on friday!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago